Re: Jacobite church in serious problem.

  • Thomasanl
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2013
      It is their problem.We are not responsible for that.''uppu thinnunnavan
      vellam kudikkum''.Having said that let me fully endorse the views
      expressed by respected George achen(ICON #4805) in replying to the
      message posted� by respected K.K John achen.

      We can not blame our� church leadrs for all problems.They take
      appropriate decisions at appropriate times.If the church leadership is
      to be blamed for all problems,then I must say that,the decisions taken�
      at various times led to this state of affairs in the community.We
      should not have gone for the Koonan cross oath which divided the St.
      Thomas christian community,and remained under the Roman yoke for the
      sake of unity.we could have avoided another split by accepting
      Palakkunnathu Mathews Mar Athanasios as Malankara Metropolitan for the
      sake of unity.We should not have revolted against the Patriarch for ex
      communicating Vattaseril thirumeni for the sake of unity.We should have
      opted for Mar Ivanios as the catholicos in place of Kurichi bava to
      avoid birth of Malankara reeth and the cardinal.Finally we should have
      kept quiet when the Patriarch ex communicated Ougen bava for no reason,
      for the sake of unity.

      Orthodox church will never hesitate to accept the Patriarch if the
      Patriarch limits his function within the frame work of the 1934
      constitution.What happened to the unity of 1958?The Patriarch exceeded
      the limit by interfering in  Malankara.Who can say ,in case of unity
      this will not happen again?Now the gap is too wide and beyond patch up.

      Respected John achen should read  another reply from a person in the
      rebel forum on the same topic.He writes''......even if H.B.Thomas I
      joined IOC along with you,the JSC would have survived this far with
      another leader''. That means the problem for unity will never end.

      Thomas Kuttikandathil,
      Houston.
    • ronnie daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2013
        Thomasanl wrote:
        >We should not have gone for the Koonan cross oath which divided the St. Thomas christian community,and remained under the Roman yoke for the sake of unity.

        I think Mr. Thomas Kuttikandathil got the whole thing wrong. None said our ancestors should not have fought against the foreign forces which were trying to overpower us.

        What everyone saying is that, as Indians we should have fought this fight united against foreign interference in our Church. Foreigners take advantage of us when we are divided. That is the whole point.

        Mr. Thomas narrated two negative stories when Mar Thoma Church and Malankara Rite separated from us. What about many other instances where our own clergy sacrificed positions they deserved to accommodate others and thus avoided a split in the Church?? Those are the positive stories.

        When we have more people talking about the positive stories rather than negative stories, I think we will have a better Church.

        We have just completed the Reconciliation (Shubkhono) service. Very soon there is going to be the "Feet washing service". "For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." St. Luke 9:48". What is the point in observing this lent and quarrelling constantly with your brother???

        If you have attended the "Shubkono" service perhaps you have heard these two lines.

        "Eikyathinnaay baddhappetuveen kruddhanmaare
        Nammaal kruddhan naadhan nammil preethippettu"

        We have become a bunch of angry and pride (kruddhan) people who never even think about "Eikyam" or unity.

        Rgds
        Ronnie Daniel
        Toronto, Canada