Karunya Vishranthi Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram

  • susan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9 6:22 AM
      Dear friends,

      Today, after nearly 12 years, we went again to visit Karunya Vishranthi Bhavan at Kattela near Sreekaryam Thiruvananthapuram. I saw that much of the building was constructed from donations, especially from certain of our US parishes and families here and abroad.

      Now, there are over 60 inmates and most are old and sick and those who are healthy, help out with the work there. We could spend some time there and personally, I was greatly impressed by the dedication of those in charge and the affection with which the inmates view them.

      I am sure that many of you remember Vishranthi Bhavan in your prayers as you all had helped in its establishment.

      http://karunyaguidance.org/organisation.php

      The website is not updated and if anyone can help them with the updation that would be wonderful.

      It is my humble request that those making a visit to Thiruvananthapuram take time off to visit Karunya Vishranthi Bhavan.

      I met so many old persons who are alone and abandoned and come from places as distant as Bihar, that I myself feel confused and guilty. I wish I could do something more but one thing I can do is to pray and another is to invite the attention of the readers of ICON in the vicinity to the Organization and suggest that they visit and spend time there once in a while and take them books, magazines and other gifts or donate in money or kind.

      The deacon and the sister and all others there are doing a wonderful job.

      Thank You,
      Susan Eapen, Thiruvananthapuram