Pilgrimage To St. Dionysius Orthodox Church In Al Ain

  • Manoj Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5 6:57 AM
      On the 79th memorial feast of Vattasseril Thirumeni, the OCYM UAE Zonal committee plans to organize a pilgrimage to St. Dionysius Orthodox Church in Al Ain, the first church in the Malankara Orthodox Sabha to be established in the name of St. Dionysius, famously known as �Vattasseril Thirumeni��, on Friday, March 1, 2013. Known as a man of prayer, determination and dynamism, Vattasseril Geevarghese Mar Dionysius is popularly known as the Malankara Sabha Bhasuran (the great luminary of Malankara Orthodox Church) for his brave fight to establish the Catholicate in Malankara in 1912. An eminent scholar and orator, he prepared the Constitution of our Church and served as a Metropolitan of our Church for over 25 years. He wrote �Mathopadesa Sarangal�� on the basic doctrines of our church and was responsible for preparing the Malayalam version of our Holy Qurbana Kramam.

      It is planned that the pilgrimage groups from all the churches will arrive at St. Dionysius church at 3:30 p.m. for the memorial Holy Qurbana reinforcing the need for today's youth to remember the contributions of our founding fathers.

      Members of all OCYM units in UAE participating in the pilgrimage will be received at St. Dionysius church by His Grace. Dr. Mathews Mar Thimothios, Metropolitan of UK, Europe and Africa Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Church, the Parish Vicar, members of the managing committee and the office bearers of the Al Ain OCYM unit.

      Media Desk, OCYM UAE