A Prayer For Mar Osthathios

  • cicy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013
      Dear All,

      As we celebrate the first feast of our well-beloved Geevarghese Mar Osthathios thirumeni, on 16 February 2013, it is our duty to pray for him. We know that he used to ask everyone to pray for him. In his last Kalpana and speech, he has earnestly requested to pray for him. Following the Orthodox tradition, let us pray to God for him and seek his intercession for us. May his soul grow to the perfection of God's holiness and to the stature of Christ, the Head!

      "In the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the One true God forever and ever, Amen+

      God, the Lord of all flesh and spirit! Thou hast trampled down the thorn of death and hast over thrown the devil whereby Thou hast restored the life to the world. Now, O Lord Jesus Christ! Grant to Thy faithful servant, metropolitan Geevarghese Mar Osthathios, who hast departed from us with faith, hope, and love in Thee after finishing a fruitful life on earth, an everlasting joy and spiritual refreshment in the chamber of Thy light together with all the saints who pleased Thee.

      O good and merciful God, who loves humankind! Pardon every sin, which he might have committed, whether by word or by deed or by thought, for there is no man on earth who is free from sin. Thou alone art sinless, Thy love and righteousness are Eternal and Thy Word is true. May Mar Osthathios, our beloved father and guru, rejoice in the communion of your infinite love and praise you unceasingly in the company of all the angelic hosts and saints.

      O Blessed Triune God! We thank Thee for having graced the holy Church with bishop Geevarghese Mar Osthathios and for allowing the tenderness of Thy Fatherly care, the divine mercy of the Cross of Christ, and the splendour, power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit to shine on the world through our beloved shepherd –Mar Osthathios. We now realize him as the one who had possessed noble virtues, engaged in doing good deeds and directly experienced Thy divine presence in his life time. Trusting fully in Thy everlasting love and in the intercession of all saints, he has manifested to us a living image of Jesus –the Good Shepherd – and has shown us that holiness and sharing of love are the necessary paths of obedience to be traversed by ordinary Christians in order to achieve eternal communion with God. Grant us, by his intercession, and according to Thy will, the graces we implore, hoping that Thy faithful servant Mar Osthathios will soon be recognised among the Saints.

      God, who infuses power into the bones of the saints! Kindly release stream of blessings from Thy reservoir of grace through the holy relics of Mar Osthathios to those who come at his tomb in prayer. We ask this in Thy all-encompassing love, Amen".

      Yours in Christ,
      George Achen, Ireland.