Miscellaney - ICON's thought provoking postings

  • alexander cherian
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2013
      ICON is becoming interesting with very thought provoking postings.
      One such was an enquiry into the 'Evolution of the thought process' of His grace Mar Geevarghese Osthathios of Blessed Memory.The member who made the enquiry  made genuine an  intellectual thrust ;he made it clear that he was not taking a stance ,but only was searching for an answer .He was also worried of his ability to  open a dialogue and emphasised that such an enquiry did not in any way lessen his respect for the departed Church Father.
      The one from Mr.John Kunju Kuunju on His Beatitude Thomas the 1st and his reflections on H.B.Paulose the 2nd of Blessed memory is another.It is interesting to know what His Beatitude thought of the "antiochian' Prelates.His Beatitude should know. Thirumeni was staunch in convictions  as regards  'Loyalty' to the Patriarch of Syria was concerned; Yet the question is relevant whether Thirumeni remained convinced till His last days on earth.Many in the patriarch faction says that His beatitude chose to join the Syrian Faction in 1975 as Thirumeni was worried that any other incumbent would only make the division permanent. What made Gregorious Thirumeni of the Patriarch Faction (Great Grand nephew of Parumala Kochu Thirumeni) to back track in 1995 .What made Abraham Mar severious Thirumeni to return to the Patriarch Faction.Theological considerations or convictions may matter in the least. Human Relations Management   problems must be the most relevant.Unless we address and understand the psyche of the Patriarch Faction Peace will remain a mirage.
      Incidentally the probems being mentioned by H.G.Kuriakose Mar clemis of IdikKi diocese of Patriarch Faction may  apply to us also.We should examine ourselves.

      Incidentally Very.Rev.Philip Ramban of St.Pauls has returned to Puthuppady after a successful surgery in Vellore.He is recuperating well.Rambachen was courage and Faith personified in his sick bed.Thousands prayed for him.'Akhanda yanja ' Parthana & mid night vigils were many .ICON does not seem to have responded as a group though I know many members must have in their personal capacity been concerned enough to pray for Rembachen and enquire of his well being.We as a group could have done better.I should Thank Messrs.Philip From Auckland,Ronnie from the American Continent, Susan from Trivandrum (or Is it Banglore) Mr.E.S. john from Australia amongst others for some very interesting postings.Life attains beauty from such pursuits.
      Alexander Cherian Assariath Chennai

    • icon.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
        Alexander Cherian wrote: “…Many in the patriarch faction says that His beatitude chose to join the Syrian Faction in 1975 as Thirumeni was worried that any other incumbent would only make the division permanent. What made Gregorious Thirumeni of the Patriarch Faction (Great Grand nephew of Parumala Kochu Thirumeni) to back track in 1995.What made Abraham Mar Severious Thirumeni to return to the Patriarch Faction. Theological considerations or convictions may matter in the least. Human Relations Management problems must be the most relevant. Unless we address and understand the psyche of the Patriarch Faction Peace will remain a mirage…”

        Your above comments are truly thought provoking and seems true. The recent move of certain elements to sell the Jacobite Church to Mr. KP Yohannan and Company for few crores was thwarted due to the presence of sensible Bishops like Mar Gregorios (Kochi), Mar Timothios (Kottayam) etc there. They are the rays of hope for the ordinary faithful.

        Thomas Chacko, Ernakulam