Right faith

  • roycherian@...
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2013
      Dear ones,

      Thank you for the very interesting dialogue on Bishop KP Yohannan and his
      mission.

      The devil reaches where the angels are shy to enter. The pertinent question
      here is: will there be faith, when the Son Man arrives?
      The Christianity had gone through 2013 years of severe tests. The throne of
      mother Church in Jerusalem and the 3 thrones of the Churches, in Antioch,
      Alexandria, Constantinople - all fell down. Only the throne of Rome is
      remaining. Their, Catholic Church membership makes them the largest Christian
      church in the present world. But now, next only to the world's Moslem
      population. Russian Church has emerged out vigorously, keeping the tradition of
      the Eastern Orthodoxy from Greece and dominating the Eastern Slavonic
      Europe. The Oriental Churches of Syria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Armenia, India are not a
      significant force in the present Christian population of 2+ Billion. In
      Kerala, everybody is saying that their church and faith is directly from St.
      Thomas. (Few even say that they have blood relation with Jesus.) The
      traditional churches says they are keeping the right faith. Modern, evangelical
      churches says, that the old traditional churches went wrong and are making
      wrong teaching. They question the Liturgy and Fathers and depend only on
      Bible. (Liturgy, Fathers and Bible are the three factors, which kept the faith
      in the world). Well, now the question here is: who is perfect or which is
      the perfect one?

      Once I went to congratulate Kaniyamparampil Achen, who became 100 years
      old. He shown me the mikes that are directed towards his house from the
      adjacent neighbor Pentecostal church. They sing and shout every day. I asked him
      how does he tolerate it. He said, first: I am not going to change my faith
      practice. Second: they do not know that I am deaf and I cannot hear
      anything!

      I would like to ask Susan Eapen: what happened to your patient friend who
      went to Benny Hinn meeting? (The Leap of faith is an interesting movie. I
      also wish that all would see it). I went to see Benny Hinn, together with my
      Doctor nephew, at Anaheim stadium in LA. We were on the top end of the
      balcony. We could see him only through binoculars. We saw, the entire people on
      the front, often falling down, when he breathed or waved his hand. Towards
      the end, he asked everybody to get up and the entire people in that tight
      packed stadium, stood up. So did we. When he waved his hand, my nephew on
      my left side and a teen girl on my right side, sat down on to the chairs.
      They said their kneels, somehow got weak and had to sit down. I also got a
      small shock on my both knees. So, I have to say he has an extra ordinary
      power than me and others. I cannot say it is the act of Holy Spirit. Perhaps
      few are getting healed. But their advertisement and tricks make me also
      suspicious.

      My humble life journey made me to acquaint with many saintly people, who
      are not Christians. Few of them were atheists, but they were real saints,
      when compared to our professional Christians. Can anyone say they have no
      salvation? Will Mahatma Gandhi go to heaven? They have practiced the golden
      rule or Gospel of Christ: Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Well, the
      Creed of Christian Faith says: "Through Him (Jesus) all things were made."
      Then, how can any Christian keep anybody out?

      Salvation is a gift of God and to whom it is given is not even known to
      Son. So, we have no right to judge others and it will only be a futile effort.
      Well, how to proceed in this world? Be aware of the evil and make others
      the awareness of the evil. For that, need constant communication with the
      life giver, continuous prayer and meditation, till you get the complete
      presence of Holy Spirit. You may attain it now or attain it only at the stage of
      your last breath. However, once you reach that stage, you see the
      stupidity of these war for the perfect love for Christ. Then you also can smile,
      together with God!

      Love,
      Cheriachen

      ***
      Cherian Eapen
    • susan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
        Dear Mr. Cherian,

        Nothing happened to the patient, and eventually he died. Sometimes people use electrical gadgets to send a shock while pretending to bless. There was some news of such happenings in Africa where there are many black evangelists.

        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220833/Laughing-private-jet--93m-pastor-accused-exploiting-British-worshippers.html

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Tilton

        As regards Benny Hinn, please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hinn

        I had seen one poor beggar with short twisted legs sitting on a wooden platform with wheels and propelling himself with his hands to reach Benny. He never got anywhere near him. Some spurious healings, which could not be verified, were claimed by persons no one knew of - either his own persons or paid ones.

        The Movie Leap of Faith portrays the whole tactics.

        But one thing I know is that the power of God is above all powers and even apparently wrong things cannot block God's plans. Just as Phillip Ayyamplackal said, many such persons through their influence help people to live aright. The Pentecostals have quite a few earnest and honest faithful.

        In the end, I think God does not mind our denomination or religion, but values the purity of our hearts, as both of you said.

        I also believe that Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit could be working outside the Church also.

        Susan Eapen, Thiruvananthapuram
      • ES John
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2013
          "I went to see Benny Hinn, together with my Doctor nephew, at Anaheim stadium in LA. We were on the top end of the
          balcony. We could see him only through binoculars. We saw, the entire people on the front, often falling down, when he breathed or waved his hand. Towards the end, he asked everybody to get up and the entire people in that tight
          packed stadium, stood up. So did we. When he waved his hand, my nephew on my left side and a teen girl on my right side, sat down on to the chairs. They said their kneels, somehow got weak and had to sit down. I also got a
          small shock on my both knees. So, I have to say he has an extra ordinary power than me and others. I cannot say it is the act of Holy Spirit. Perhaps few are getting healed. But their advertisement and tricks make me also suspicious."

          Dear Mr.cheriyan Eapen,
          Owing to my poor health, I am not able again to write about this vast topic. These are not miracles, but the inner potentialities that God embedded in every one's body system. These phenomena find its expression through yogis, ascetics, seers, visionaries/ saints of any religions, magicians, occultists etc. While these metaphysical formula works through clairaudience, clairvoyance, levitation, telepathy, etc, sorcery and witchcraft flourish for evil purposes by the diabolical powers with the same formula, but the medium is different. Which formula Benny Hinn uses is unknown to us. False prophets and false christs also do miracles, Mt.7.13-23, but is impacted to some people, not to all. Reciprocity depends on the subject and object. If developed evil individuals do it, it will make impact on individuals who are propelled with infernal powers. Anyone with developed ego can perform supernatural things that do not testify that God is on their favour.

          Indian mystics never wanted to exhibit their inner powers for worldly purposes because they know that they lose their power eventually, if shown for exhibition. One who knows the art of judo will rarely hit his enemy because one blow hit at ganglia may kill them, so also saints try to avoid cursing devilish people. People who want to get cheap name and cosmetic popularity do public show of oracles and miracles for crooked and adulterous generations.
          Jesus who did miracles for helping others didn't employ miracles to escape from His death. I don't make judgement; wether Benny Hinn is a man of God or a preposterous person we don't know. Mentally developed persons of any religion can do miracles, may or may not by the power of God. He may be doing miracles to show the greatness of God, but it doesn't appeal all. Healing power is only one form of miracle.

          � There are many other areas of Divine powers, can he do any other than one, mk.16. Is there any miracle other than the super miracle of bread and wine globally becoming flesh and body of a person, just like the working of smart phone or fax and e-mail system, that become the Eternal food. The ordinary bread and wine become the food of the whole world for eternity. This miracle happens every minute in all the parts of the world, by the priests who got that authority by laying of hands celebrate the Holy qurbana. When there is grand
          banquet freely abundant in my father's house, why should I get I the bran that is the leftover by the swine? Every Christian denomination break bread in their worship, but have they got the authority by valid biblically- proven recipe. Does Benny Hinn break bread for his church congregation? Does it transform to the living bread of the soul or does it for remembrance only. How many people from other religions get healing by his prayer. Or his miracle ceremony is to grab only the Christians.

          Professional Christians are men, so also charismatic performers. Professional Christians who get the authority from above does the entrusted job, whereas the stray Christians are self-proclaimed stray sheep; its own fruit knows a tree. A valid licence is a must for any job, but for Christians no licence is required, because they all claim as deputed from above. Laying hands by clergy is the licence here.
          The ready-made high-tech miracle that aspires for instant fix –up salvation doesn't seem compatible with the Heavenly mode of harmonious ecstasy, which sings glorification of God everlastingly, and we are expected to start it here on earth right now and continue forever without ceasing.

          E.S.John, Australia
        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2013
            Dear all,

            Man is a double story home of mortal and immortal frame. The immortal part is wrapped up with temporal one. In order to gain that immortality in Heaven one has to kill the temporal frame slowly. Fasting and prayer, which subdues our body pleasures, is an antidote for the Devil to tempt our temporal frame more persistently. Hence carrying the crosses in our daily life, afflictions and sufferings enrich the inner body to get acclimatized in the invincible world. Therefore, praying for healing of the infirmities of the physical body is not a healthy sign for the enrichment of the soul, which cross through the aerial realms during its spiritual journey. The sublime or multiple gains we should achieve in the test is to blot out our sins through inner cleansing, the superlative method of spinning the garment of incorruption that deletes our physical infirmities mostly forever.

            I saw a vision of an angel fluttering across the sky, about half a kilometer high in the sky, while I was near the vicinity of my house in the evening twilight hours when I was 8 or 9 years old. I was scared to go back home alone, but didn't tell anybody till about it 3 years before because I have a second thought about it. If it was an angel of light why should it carry a fireball, `chuttu katta'. As my mental and physical crises are precipitating every day, I now feel that it was a dark angel that disguised as the angel of light that deceived me. Also I was prompted writing my first book after seeing an imagery of an unearthly handwriting, bright white, with an unearthly pen which having some dark lining. The Angel carrying the fireball is an indication of the imminent signs of the apocalypse as seen in the Book of Revelations or a portent something that is going to affect us all. Could it be the dark angel disguised in the angel of light, 2. Cor.11:14. Don't depend on faith healing or any other miracles other than the sign of Jonah because they are the connivance of the equivocal one. Don't depend on visions or beings of light, false Christs and false prophets, because many of them are Satan's robots to destroy us. Saints like Parumala thirumeni did was to put a sign of the cross; the infernal blackguard will flee away from us. Seeing or occurring unnatural happening in our lives is apparently a craftiness of the Devil who misleads us. He quoted the scriptures while tempting Jesus in the wilderness, and Jesus also reciprocated in the same coin that forced him to retreat. If Jesus had revealed His identity, salvation of man would have been in jeopardy. Don't run after miracles and oracles that misled the Jews of His generation. We are the standing monuments of miracles because if the air that we inhale is not exhaled we are mere corpses. We don't have any ownership in anything in this world; our survival one moment here on this ephemeral world is nothing but a miracle.

            Any religious and also devilish means can fetch temporary healing by people who has either higher mental development or through necromancy. Healing of our sickness is a great relief by charismatic prayer or mass meeting that gives psychological upliftment for a shorter period. 'If wealth is lost, nothing is lost; if health is lost, something is lost; if character is lost, everything is lost'. Losing our character and gaining our health has no permanent solution for our eternity. Tradition says that the man who was lying at the Bethsaida pool for 38 years was the person who pierced Jesus on His side at the cross, as he lost his income by begging, Jn. 5. Mass psychology that heals the man by charismatic preachers is a only a visible sign, just like some skin disease is treated with some external ointment while the root cause is in the blood that is infected by unknown reasons.

            I noted in my last message that the Holy Mystery is the greatest miracle, which cleanses our body and inner man at the same time and is the right recipe for salvation. Bread and wine, which is the source of weaving the Body of Christ, remain without changing the substances, but its effect is everlasting, beyond time and space. All the sacraments are outward signs that work for an inward grace. But our aim is 12 basketfuls of crumbs, not the greatness of the Lord who could perform miracles due to His sacrifice, so also the martyrdom of apostles and martyrs who died for Christ. St. Paul also sought for a permanent cure for his illness, `but my grace is enough' was the answer. God had no difficulty in healing the stammering of Moses, but without doing so He also gave Aaron, his brother, as a helping hand to liberate 600, 000 men and their families from the yoke of Pharaoh and led them for 40 years in the wilderness with the help of a stick. This journey could have been limited to 2 years by taking a short-cut route through the philistines' land, if God had imported weapons to fight against Philistines, just like He had showered manna and quails as their food. God provided the rod to Moses but not the weapons to fight against His enemies, His own creations. Nothing is impossible to God, but He takes only the genuine ways. So be with God, He will lead us somehow through the valley of death and tears and sufferings, provided we seek His aid and help.

            E.S. John, Australia