Northeast Diocese Bishop Visit to St. George OC, Staten Island

  • Fr. Alex K. Joy, New York
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      St. George Orthodox Church of Staten Island, New York, sustained damage as a result of Hurricane Sandy. The parish hall in the basement has been destroyed due to severe flooding, and water damage has also been reported in the sanctuary.

      Please offer our solidarity with all people who are suffering from the destruction Hurricane Sandy has left behind. The scenes of utter devastation as a result of this super storm are en-grained in our hearts.

      Our Diocese Bishop His Grace Zachariah Mar Nicholovos visited St. George Malankara Orthodox Church, Staten Island, NY, USA. He came to pray over our church and wish a quick recovery over the disaster created by Hurricane Sandy. He met the neighbors of the Church who were devastated by this storm and prayed for them. Attached to this message is a link to an album.

      http://orthodoxchurch.in/2012/11/04/h-g-zachariah-mar-nicholovos-visit/

      Fr. Alex K. Joy
      Vicar, St. George Orthodox Church, Staten Island, New York