OVBS In St George Orthodox Church, Sheffield, UK

  • Dr M.S. Alexander, Leeds
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2012
      This year�s OVBS theme "We are all one in Christ" was the main subject of three days intense study, meditation, worship and entertainment of Sunday School children and their parents in our Sheffield church. I participated in this during the third day. I have never seen so much excitement, passion, enthusiasm among our children in this church up to this time. In fact the children were compelling their parents to bring them for OVBS ahead of the scheduled time. Rev Fr Happy Jacob gave excellent leadership. When the whole population of Sheffield was watching the performance of Sheffield born Olympic Gold medalist Ennis in the Olympic games, our children and their parents were in the Church actively participating in OVBS. By the end of the programme, children understood "God is Love", "We are all one in Christ" and "Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom". By coming closer to God through the church, they can acquire knowledge and wisdom and that is the key for their personal and professional development, which will guarantee success in their future life. I know that this is the time for OVBS in many churches. If children participating in other churches have experiences similar to the one they had in Sheffield, we should all support OVBS very strongly in Malankara Orthodox Church.

      Dr M.S. Alexander, Leeds, England