Re: HG Mathews Mar Barnabas Visited St. John's Cathedral, Pampady

  • George Abraham, Abu Dhabi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2012
      Dear Alex John,

      Very happy to note that with the grace of God, the health condition of H G Mathews Mar Barnabas has improved, which is in a way a miracle. On 28th April 2012, HG Gheevarghese Mar Ivanios (Kottayam) celebrated Holy Qurbana in Abu Dhabi. When a few of us met Thirumeni that day, the niece of Mar Barnabas was also present. Ivanios Thirumeni then stated about the extremely weak condition of Mar Barnabas and why he took the decision to shift Thirumeni from Perumbavoor to Pampady Dayara one week before, although already Thirumeni deputed two of his pre-seminary trainees (from Njaliyakuzhy Dayara) to look after Mar Barnabas at Kollencherry/Perumbavoor.

      During first week of May 2012, I got the opportunity to visit this saintly father at Pampady Dayara. Although weak, Thirumeni was very happy about the divine and prayerful atmosphere prevailing as well as the care he is getting. Two bystander boys were taking care of Thirumeni on a 24 hr basis as per the specific instruction of Ivanios Thirumeni. Dayara Manager Mathewkutty Achan is looking after this Holy Father with utmost care. It seems the beautiful Aramana constructed by Pampady Yohannan Rambachan before his heavenly abode 2 yrs back at Pampady Dayara was in a way meant for Barnabas Thirumeni (Ex Metropolitan of Kottayam and Idukki) to spent his old age.

      Sabha as a whole, and in particular our American Dioceses (where Mar Barnabas toiled for about 20 years with the specific mission of spiritual awakening), should be ever grateful to our saintly father Mar Ivanios for the care HG is providing to Barnabas Thirumeni.

      Pampady Dayara: 0091481 2505431
      http://www.pampadydayara.com/index.html

      Please see the link below for Malankara Sabha Editorial regarding Barnabas Thirumeni:
      http://www.malankaraorthodox.tv/Fr.%20Karingattil/mar_barnabas.pdf

      George Abraham, Abu Dhabi

      H G Mathews Mar Barnabas visited St. John's Cathedral Pampady (KTM)

      Dear Brethren,

      Our Senior Bishop, HG Mathews Mar Barnabas(Former Diocesan Bishop of Kottayam,Idukki & NE America ) participated in Holy Eucharist at St. john's Cathedral Pampady (KTM). H.G preached and blessed all the believers. All of us got spiritual joy from H.G's Speech.

      H G is now more better and in comfort at Pampady Dayara. Every Sunday visiting parishes nearby Kottayam.

      Alex M John, Pampady