Re: 25th Anniversary of Ordination of Rev. Fr. Alexander J. Kurien

  • Jose Thomas, Washington DC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 3:57 PM
      I wish to congratulate Rev. Fr. Alexander J. Kurien on this solemn occasion of celebrating the 25th anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood.

      Achen has been a vibrant presence in the spiritual and social lives of so many people in the Washington DC metro area for about two decades. It is very hard to list Achen�s contributions to our community in a few words. He�ll be long remembered as a visionary, an exceptionally talented organizer, an efficient motivator, a sincere friend, and above all a compassionate spiritual leader. Achen�s flair to connect with, motivate and stimulate our youth is indeed incredible, to say the least. Achen would be present in the homes or in the hospital room of any member of this community who might be going through any kind of difficulty.

      He is one of the very few spiritual leaders who are capable of recognizing the changing social, spiritual, emotional needs of Syrian Christians who migrated to the US in the last 40 plus years.

      Sometimes we often wonder as to how it is humanly possible for anyone to juggle a hectic official life that demands a lot of international assignments to various parts of the globe with the spiritual needs of the community members. But it�s a fact that when anyone is in the hospital he is by his/her bed and when there is a loss of a dear one, he is the first to appear at the door with the incense-fragrance of comfort and consolation. Through his ministry, he was able to touch the lives of so many people of our community.

      We sincerely pray and wish well for Achen�s ministry. We are deeply obliged to Achen for his prayers and support. We thank Achen for his remarkable contributions to our community. We pray sincerely to God Almighty to give Achen strength and divine guidance in his future endeavors.

      We wish to thank members of St. Greogorios Church, Ben Salem, PA, for organizing the 25th Anniversary of Achen�s Ordination on July 1st, 2012.

      Jose Thomas, St. Gregorios Church, Washington DC