Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2225 , Mar 6, 2001
      Brother: How is love (or charity) acquired by men of understanding?

      Old Man: True and pure love is the way of life, and the haven of promises,
      and the treasure of faith, and the interpreter of the kingdom, and the herald
      of that which is hidden.

      The Paradise of the Holy Fathers.
      Message 2225 of 2225 , Jun 30

        "Come, my child, and taste of the blessed life of obedience," Abba Moses the Black told a young man who was ready to follow the monastic life. "In this life, you will find humility, strength, joy, patience, and forbearance. Within it, contrition is born and love blossoms. It aids the good monastic disciple to keep all of the divine commandments throughout his life."

        "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13