Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2424 , Mar 6, 2001
      Brother: How is love (or charity) acquired by men of understanding?

      Old Man: True and pure love is the way of life, and the haven of promises,
      and the treasure of faith, and the interpreter of the kingdom, and the herald
      of that which is hidden.

      The Paradise of the Holy Fathers.
      Message 2424 of 2424 , Nov 7 5:58 PM

        "We must receive the one who curses us as a messenger from God, rebuking our hidden evil thoughts, so that we, seeing our thoughts with exactness, might correct ourselves. For we do not know how many hidden evils we have; Only a perfect man can understand all of his own shortcomings."

        St. Mark the Ascetic, Homilies, 6.

        "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."  Revelation 3:19