Re: On Free Churches in Cities

  • Raju Baby Thaluvachira
    Message 1 of 81 , Jun 29, 2002
      This has reference to Rev.Fr.MKK Achans mail on "On Free Churches in
      Cities.
      Resp. Achan has stated that most of the Free churches are supported by elite
      people, sending missionaries in different parts of world, they give lot of
      money for missionary work, the subscribers are so diligent to give such
      financial and prayer support. Most of them give THITHE to the institution.
      There is no fight, spending millions for missionary work, teaching enough
      to open eye to gospel and sharpen christian thinking and refine life, they
      have good commitment, thinking more on spiritual path than worldly path,
      with no inhibition, no sophistication, no malice and no prejudgment.etc.
      Thank you Achan for your free opinion.

      We should also think to implement and enact such new practices and ideas
      in our church in a phase manner so that we can also check
      the exodus from our church and get more blessings to the church as well as
      the believers.

      Pray for all ever & ever
      With love
      Raju Baby Thaluvachira
    • Sonny Alexander, Texas
      Message 81 of 81 , Jul 10, 2002
        I had posted this question a few weeks ago but never received a
        response. I am not surprised however, since lately, the message
        board seems to be flooded these days with mails over
        church party politics. Can someone, e.g. one of our esteemed clergy
        please inform us about the Malankara Sabha's position on the
        cannonization of Vattasseril Geevarghese Mar Dionysius VI, Malankara
        Sabha Bhasuran as a saint? Has the Holy Synod agreed to his
        cannonization? I read recently that the Sabha will make an
        announcement this month but have not found anyone to confirm this.
        Since Thirumeni's Dhukarono is on February 25th, I would think that
        any ceremony would take place at that time.

        Lately, I have been reading a lot about the late Thirumeni's
        contributions to our church and am excited about the possibility of
        his potential cannonization. If anyone has any information on this,
        for the benefit of this group, please let us know.

        Thanks
        Sony Alexander
        Dallas, Texas