Re: Indian Orthodos Church And Piravom

  • Geevar Varghese
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2012
      What is wrong here? Who is wrong? Why it is wrong? Who can read Orthodox Christians mind?

      Dragging church matters into street politics is wrong. I never read anywhere in the Bible that we have to drag church problems to public street. Our church had legal fight between almost all Christian factions in Kerala. We never took our fight to the public street. Now a days I see more metropolitans, priests and so called believers from both factions in the street fighting for their rights. Where are our Christian values? How do we fight with our opponents? I do not believe our leaders and even regular members of our church follows the following prayers in out church "Our father... and forgive our debts and sins, as we also have forgiven our debtors…” We also read in "Suthara" as follows "My trust and my refuge, the God; in whom I confide. For he shall deliver you from the snare of stumbling and from idle talk." "I will lift up my eyes to the mountain, from whence comes my helper. My help is from the Lord; who has made the heaven and the earth. He will not suffer your foot to tremble; your keeper shall not slumber: for neither slumbers, nor sleeps the keeper of Israel. The Lord is your keeper. The Lord shall overshadow you with his right hand". We have the strongest person in our side then why are we fighting with these political personals. Our church is gone through worse situations before. During the time of HG Pullikotil II we were fighting with Martha church who claimed all of our churches and we are almost going to lose in our court case. HG went to his parent church prayed for days then visited Travancore ruler and updated about his church matters. When royal court order came out, Malankara Orthodox church became the owners of those churches. HG not only wins the case he also able establishes MD seminary and Parumala seminary during his life. When HG Pullikotil I was the head our church, we never had any centralized education or big assets but he was able to establish Old Seminary and able to get large parcel of land to support the education. More than half of those assets were lost after the first court with Yakkobaya Syrian church. All above establishment became a reality due to the strong prayers of those Holy church leaders. Not because they were doing "Niraharam " with banner in the public street. They did not advertised when they are not eating. They did not call media to cover their stories. They prayed to the strongest person in the universe. That is God. I challenge every bishop, rambans, priests, deacons, nuns and all our Church members to spend time in praying during this lent period to solve our fight between two factions. Anyone want to take the challenge? If we pray together, all these problems will be solved. Christ the head of our Church and Church in the body of the Christ. Church is not the just the building; it is you and me. We are the Church. We are presented to the Christ in the name of a saint. Each one of us bear a saint’s name and we supposed to take role model of that saint to fulfill our Christian duties. God likes our street fight? Can we challenge throne of St. Peter? Can they challenge throne of St. Thomas? We are one in Christ. If our church members are disturbed by the actions of Patriarch faction, think about HH Zakka I going through in Syria. Existence of Syrian Christians in Syria is challenged in front of our eyes. If they are disturbing us, God will take action against anyone who fights against our church. We only have one job; that is to pray strongly and live a Christian life so that non-Christians will find Christ in each and every one of us. When I watch you tube videos I see lots of bishops, priests and church members one on one with local police and political figures. In Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, we fight using Prayer and Upavasam. Are our modern church fathers educating our church members on these?

      Who is the Spirutual leader of Malankara Orthodox Syrian church? Do we respect the spiritual head of Malankara Orthox Syrian church according to our constitution? Until these questions are not answered, this fight is not going to end. We must stop mixing up politics in our church and try to follow Jesus Christ. Try to spread message of Jesus Christ. Not to spread anger or false claims. It is time to start a dialog with Yakkobaya syrian church members so that we can learn from each other and come to a common agenda to solve church problems.

      Geevar Varghese

      Moderators: Please sign your messages with full name as well as place information.
    • Rinu Sam, Nairobi
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 29, 2012
        Dear All,

        The Holy Synod or Church Heirarchy should seek interference of God in church feuds or disputes and pray for a peaceful bi-election in Piravom rather than making public statements regarding politics during time of Great Lent! The Lord Jesus Christ (who stood for trial before supreme Roman authority did not ask for favours from Pilate, the Roman governer but witnessed the TRUTH! MOSC should not involve in politics at all! MOSC will not get any favours, either from UDF or from LDF, in Church disputes!

        Rinu Sam, Nairobi
      • George C.Thomas, Kuwait
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
          Since "faith without action is useless" our people in Piravom constituency should not only seek God almighty's interference but also try their level best to defeat UDF candidate.

          Lets also pray that the ruling pharoh of kerala changes his mind and hand over our Churches back to our community based on court verdict.

          George C. Thomas

          Kuwait