Re: Questions on Forgiveness Of Sin

  • Rinu Sam, Nairobi
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2012
      Dear Shibu Podiyan

      The Tax Collector, Beat his Breast and cried out"God,be merciful to me a sinner!"The pharisee thought he was righteous,the same way you stated here your comments!As long as we live in this earth we sin (sins of omissions/commissions)everyday! as the tax collector depended on God's mercy and confessed his sins he received God's gift of righteousness and he was justified! We need the same giftof righteouness from God.

      Forgiveness on sins depend on true confession and not self justification.

      With regards
      Rinu Sam, Nairobi
    • E.K Kuruvilla, Ettimannil
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2012
        Dear shibu ,

        You are really PODI  that is why you have to cry out every Sunday {not only Sunday but every 3 hours} "Give us this day our daily bread and FORGIVE us our debts and SINS, as we also forgiven our debtors".

        E.K Kuruvilla, Ettimannil.
      • Alex M John
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2012
          We are grateful �to� you for your �meaningful and thoughtful points about Forgiveness of sin. We will expect these kind of thoughts in future. I think that Orthodox Liturgy(Holy Eucharist) is praise and adoration to Trinitarian �God by the forgiven �believers . We express our happiness� to our God but we �are not crying there.� Those moments are joyful� times� with God in Heaven not in Earth.

          Remain in God, seek in His face always
          Alex M John
          Pampady,Kottayam
        • ES John, Australia
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14, 2012
            Dear Mr.ShibuPodiyan,

            I sent a detailed message regarding
            your previous query, hope that it may be posted soon. St.Paul has confirmed his
            view in Rom. 3: 27that we
            earn salvation by faith, not by works. If so, the right faith that we cultivate
            is a gift under the grace of God, so also the grace of God prompts us to do
            good works or charity works. "Not on our merits, but on His grace" oscillates
            the pendulum of faith and works. Goods works devoid of the faith in Christ has
            no qualification for salvation at all. The rewards of good works apparently
            cease in this planet, if not buttressed by the total submission in Jesus. Good
            works are mere zeros, unless they are fortified by the digit 1, Christ, in its
            beginning; thus 1 becomes 10, 10 to 100 and so on go in geometrical progression.
            It is the faith that carves out a way for salvation. "And without faith it is
            impossible to please him"�, Heb.11: 6. Read Heb.11 and 12; Jn.3: 18, 36; 6: 29. The faith is the first ingredient for salvation;
            "faith, hope and love abide: but the greatest is love", 1.cor.13: 13. Faith
            that kindles hope gives birth to sublime love which links God and man who fosters
            it between man and man. We usually attribute the essence of love between man
            and man only, but firstly it should be between God and man, proving in the
            accomplishment of Love which is not purely terrestrial but celestial in nature.
            Hence the eternal relationship, the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man
            is established for ever.�

            When we are propelled
            by the right faith that impels us to do the Son's works only is the way to
            salvation, whereas a man who is not within the orbit of the right faith errs
            and sins because he doesn't have a base upon which to cling on. Christians are
            the ones who went around the world and brought the whole global population
            under the pavilion of Educational and medical institutions and all other
            charitable works. Thus Christian contributions to the dark periods of time were
            cemented by the fire of faith in Jesus who died for others' sin by His self
            sacrifice. If the innocent Lamb didn't die a crucifixion death, we would have
            still remained in utter darkness and continue doing the will of the diabolical
            forces. The People who seek more weight to good deeds usually seek self –glory,
            the reasons for many Christian global evangelical and charity organizations
            collapsed. �One who doesn't honour and
            nurture his father and giving alms to the strangers are the ones who abuse the
            Creator and try to whitewash their hypocrisy by helping others. The right faith
            is the right remedy. The right remedy is His own Body and Blood, Jn.6. Man is
            weak because he is prone to be selfish, hence his good deeds have limitations
            and flaws, whereas the right faith in Christ radiates, illuminates and
            rekindles for noble and good deeds that please his Creator.   Faith
            cultivation or inculcation is a deed of self-sacrifice which impels people to help and care others.

            The apostles healed the sick and raised up the dead due to the naked fact of their unflinching faith in Jesus. Three manner of faith we observe among the apostles. St.Peter had the true faith in the Lord Mt.16, but denied and left
            the field as and when the aimed highest position seemingly failed here and in afterlife,
            Mt.18:1, but the Indian apostle's courage of sacrificing his life for the Lord, Jn.11, didn't succeed on accounts of his doubts about His resurrection and
            Judas' double life of not believing in the Lord's flesh, Jn.6, and his habit of
            stealing money from the charity box condemned him to be the inheritor of hell.
            Had he absolute faith in the divinity and humanity of the Lord, he wouldn't
            have betrayed the "innocent blood". It is the naked faith that does wonders, as
            in the case of Magdalana Miriam, and prompts us to do work for the Lord in the
            Master’s vineyard, as well as in all the realms of worldly life. This is the
            reason for St.paul to state that the one who doesn’t preach Christ whom the
            true apostles have followed, is accursed, Gal.1: 8. Faith and works are the two
            sides, king and queen, of a single coin, but there is no life for tail, if it
            is severed from the head. The head and its brain and body stand for the
            Orthodox faith and the limbs that work for the body represent the NOBLE WORKS.
            Repentance is a noble work that guaranteed the robber
            who repented on the cross. The other robber cannot claim Paradisethough he suffered equally with the other one because of his lack of
            faith in Jesus who was crying and bleeding like him on the cross. Taking the
            right cross is the test for the crown in Heaven.
            Sinning
            against God and hating and side-lining his fellow beings are both abominations
            to the Lord. Salvation gets not by God’s grace and mercy alone, but by our
            submission at His feet that we are great nothings that expect blessings from
            the Almighty.
            E.S.John, Australia