For Those Who Sit in Darkness

  • Rev. Fr. John Brian, Wisconsin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2011
      For Those Who Sit in Darkness
      For whom we have been given a light from above...

      This is from the prophecy of Zachariah after his son, John the Baptist is born.

      Fr John Brian, honoring the birth of St. John the Baptist, gives a sermon on his father's prophecy recorded at the end of the first chapter in the Gospel of Luke.

      Why a prophecy at the Nativity of John the Baptist? How does prophecy help us at all?

      What about this prophecy is important to us living in the 21st Century?

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, December 4, 2011 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission
      Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      "Called to Divine Nature" is the theme of an open and free mini-retreat in Madison, January 21, 2012 hosted by Holy Transfiguration Mission. Pre-registration by email or voicemail by January 8 is encouraged.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2011/12/for-those-who-sit-in-darkness.html

      Fr. John Brian, Wisconsin