Re: In Answer to Excerpts From Mr. E.S. John's Message

  • Nakkolackal VL Eapen, Austin, Texas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
      Dear Mr. E. S. John,

      The difference between your messages Nos. 31099 and 31078 is not one of DEGREE, but one of KIND in terms of their tone, tenor, and content. The SARCASM and the overbearing self-assurance in message #31078 are not there in message #31099, and in that, it is a giant leap forward, and therefore, most welcome. Having already dwelt upon message #31078, I would confine myself to highlighting two more excerpts from the same message that are far from being true to be sustainable.

      1. " 'The dog is OK, but beware of the owner,' is the cult culture that rules the day." Let me paraphrase it to refine it. 'The believers are OK, but beware of the leader(s), is the cult culture that rules the day.' Your disavowal or criticism of that simple and straightforward sentence as being illustrative of 'cult culture that rules the day' is meaningless.

      2. "Many of the peace-loving Jacobites are powerless, and can't do anything because their hands are tied up by the hierarchical ropes." In other words, 'peace-loving Jacobites are OK, but beware of the leaders who tie their hands with hierarchical ropes.' Here again, apart from being a plain statement of truth, it is not indicative of any "cult culture" at all.

      In both the above excerpts your claim, as regards "cult culture", is unsustainable for want of a rational basis. Maybe, you are too confused to be cognizant of it.

      Since I do not wish to prolong this discussion any further, I refrain from commenting on the content of message #31099.

      However, I need to reiterate that 'the impossible' becomes 'the possible' with genuine faith that moves mountains. It is NOT beyond the power of God to replace the reigning Patriarch and Sreshta Catholicos with successors committed to unity and peace in the church. I rejoice in singing with the Psalmist: "For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." (Ps. 30:5)

      Prayerfully,
      Nakkolackal V. L. Eapen, St. Gregorios Church, Austin, TX.
    • E.S.John, Australia
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2011
        Dear Mr. Eapen,

        Don't make criticism for criticism's sake, thereby hooking someone in the snare is not our aim. The reflection of St.Peter's character traits come to the forefront in all our daily actions, reactions and dealings.

        There are 2 kinds of sins, the first one the mortal sin and the other venial sins. "There is sin which is mortal; I do not say that one is to pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which is not mortal", 1.Jn.5: 16-17. "If a man sins against a man, God will mediate for him; but if a man sins against the Lord, who can intercede for him?, 1.Sam.25. Dethroning of the Indian apostle, the anointed and chosen by Jesus is a sin against the Holy Spirit. "Every sin and blaspheme will be forgiven men, but the blaspheme against the Spirit will not be forgiven….either in this age or in the age to come." Mt.12: 31-37;Eph.4: 30. The reason for Jesus' affliction was that they said that Jesus cast out demons by the power of Beelzebub. Though the Jacobites said and believed till 1970 that st.Thomas, the apostle, has a throne, but denied it after the 1970s; it is a blatant lie which is for the sake of temporal powers is a mortal sin, as the Spirit of God is the indwelling and sanctifying power of the church. Every sacrament is holy due to the reason that the Holy Spirit sanctifies it, just as the descending of the Holy Spirit upon Jesus at the time of His baptism, consecration of the Melchizadekan priest as the High priest by the Aaranite priest. Condemning the apostle who put his fingers into the Heavenly Lamb and being blessed by the Lord is not forgiven because it is a blasphemy which is pronounced for the sake of conquering the real Malankara Orthodox believers. If we pray for the sake of unity in the church, I believe that this power game won't be forgiven by our pleading, the reason for my statement some years back that the Jacobites are no more within the 5 wise virgin group of the Oriental Orthodox churches; instead the Eritrean church took its place. Venial sins are forgiven by the prayers of the righteous persons.

        In both of my messages referred to above, I have said that the silent majority is silenced by the top order with the help of a recalcitrant minority; therefore, there is no contradiction which anyone can trace in my 2 messages, #31078 and 31099. But as mortals who don't have the foreknowledge of which is good and which is bad, we leave it to God for judgement with reference to Mt.19: 26 and Jn.11: 40 which read as "with men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible". My above statements are said only in this spirit. Though I make criticisms, I submit finally at the feet of God, because I am only `the puff of the wind', not able to make a judgement which is correct or wrong. But I maintain certain discipline and principle which others may find it hard to agree with, either because they don't travel in my frequency or I may be wrong at times. Hence I say it emphatically that I haven't contradicted myself, you didn't try to understand my view point or you don't have the ability to grasp the many-sidedness of a problem. We are indebted to pray for every sinner, as we are not able to judge others. But praying for a mafia group is not fruitful in our judgement, but praying for a group or individual is our duty, but only giving a warning that parroting prayer for prayer sake is of no use. In the rat race of finding fault with others in the spiritual arena, "there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking make it so' (Shakespeare) attitude which directly attack my credibility is inimical for our spiritual growth. Everyone knows the Grammatical rule that a singular subject is followed by a singular verb. You have highlighted this grammatical mistake(error) in my previous messages on two occasions with regard to the use of subject and verb singular usage. Should I believe that you are not familiar with other grammatical errors other than this mistake because you are not quite conversant with other grammatical rules? There is a procession of mistakes in some messages that we read; even if I find out my own errors or mistakes, I don't take pain to correct them sometimes owing to the time or health factor. Pointing them out for selfish reasons is not a right approach.

        E.S.John, Australia