The Great Gulf Between The Hades And The Paradise

  • Rev. Fr. George T., Ireland
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2011
      Dear All,

      As a continuation of my previous posting, I thought I should add the following as well:

      If the theory of "Great Gulf", as such, is taken for granted, there arises a question. Why did Christ go to the Hades? 1 Peter 4:6 proves unequivocally that Christ's visitation to the Hades was for the salvaging of the departed souls imprisoned in there. The verse, "…they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit", rules out the existence of the supposed `Great Gulf'.

      The last sentence of the prophetic parable of Christ as described in Luke 16: 19-31, "If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead", is a valid point to prove that it was all about the pre-crucifixion period. We all know that it was after having been risen from the dead that Christ went to the Hades. Christ is the "firstborn from among the dead" (Colossians 1:18). Jesus was raised from dead, and his resurrection proves his lordship over the whole world. All who trust in him will also defeat death and rise again to live eternally with Him. (1 Corinthians 15:20; 1 Thessalonians 4:14). Because of Christ's death on the Cross, he has been exalted and elevated to the status that was rightfully his. (See Philippians 2:5-11). As Christ was raised from the dead, we know that the kingdom of heaven has broken into earth's history. Our world is now headed for redemption, not disaster. God's mighty power is at work destroying sin, creating new lives, and preparing everyone, both the living and the dead, for the second coming.

      Our bounden duty is to continue the Lord's mission that He started on Earth as well as in Hades some 2000 years ago.

      May God save us all!

      With prayers,
      George Achen, Ireland