JACOBITE/ORTHODOX WEDDING

  • P. E. Lalachen, Muscat
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2011
      The issue raised by Mr. Thomas George is quite valid. I have also seen the programme, but was astonished to see the associated activities of the wedding ceremony. I am now almost 50, and in my life I have never come across anything like this either in Kerala or outside Kerala, in the name of Orthodox or Jacobite marriages. Either the channel programme executives were at fault or they were miserably misled by someone who do not know anything about the culture and traditions of Orthodox/Jacobite Christians.

      I was also shocked to see the attire of the bride and it is necessary that the Church leaders clarify whether this is an accepted practice in our Church. This is particularly important since the marriage was solemnised by none other than HH the Bava.

      We need to place on record our views and clarifications to the channel on this matter and it is surprising that a channel from Manorama family could also commit these type of silly mistakes.

      P. E. Lalachen, Muscat