Spiritual Words

    Message 1 of 906 , Aug 30, 2011
      "The heart can change several times in one moment - to good or evil, to faith or unbelief, to simplicity or cunning, to love or hatred, to benevolence or envy, to generosity or avarice, to chastity or fornication. O, what inconstancy! O, how many dangers! |O, how sober and watchful we must be!"

      St. John of Kronstadt.
      "Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God." 1 John 4:15
      Message 906 of 906 , Mar 23 5:49 PM
        On one occasion, Father Mikhail Ibrahim sat in the presence of a Bishop, the head of the Council, and some priests to discuss a flaring dispute between a married couple which threatened to separate them. Those who were present tiresomely discussed the issue with the couple, seeking by any and all means to find a suitable solution, but to no avail. The presiding Bishop then asked Father Mikhail what his opinion on the matter was since he had remained silent throughout the entire ordeal. Father Mikhail delivered his stock response: "let us pray." The Bishop responded, "we already prayed prior to this meeting as we always do", to which Father Mikhail responded, "yes, but we did not pray for this specific problem." They all therefore accepted Father Mikhail's suggestion and stood up to pray; the Bishop asked Father Mikhail to lead the prayer. Once they had completed prayer, the spirit of peace immediately filled the couple and all of the sudden, after what seemed to be a failed desperate last-minute attempt to solve their issues, they were found embracing each other and without hesitation dropped their complaints.

        Life of Father Mikhail Ibrahim.

        "He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth."  Psalm 33:5-6