Spiritual Words.

    Message 1 of 2431 , May 26, 2011
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "When one receives grace, there is then need for the greatest prudence and discernment. God gives these to the person that asks Him for them so that he may serve God in the Spirit Whom he receives, and also that he may not be conquered by evil and be deceived, led astray through ignorance, presumption, and carelessness by acting against all that the Lord wills."

      St. Macarius the Great.

      "Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel -- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." 1 Peter 3:3-4

      Message 2431 of 2431 , Jan 14 5:01 PM

        "If you want to serve God, prepare your heart not for food, not for drink, not for rest, not for ease, but for suffering, so that you may endure all temptations, trouble and sorrow. Prepare for severities, fasts, spiritual struggles and many afflictions, for "by many afflictions is it appointed to us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven." (Acts 14,22)"

        St. Sergius of Radonezh, Life, 10.

        "With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!"  Psalm 119:10