Prophets and Kings - Church and Politics

  • DR M.S.ALEXANDER, Leeds, England
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2011
      When one reads the Old Testaments one will come across many examples where prophets annoints kings at the time of their coronations, and give them guidance and advice when they are in trouble. Last of the prophets, John the baptist spoke against the immorality of the king of his time. The position of H.H.The Catholicose today is similar to that of the prophets of the old testament. The Catholicose recently visited the President, Prime Minister, and several Union Government ministers. Many candidates standing for the election in Kerala come to see H.H.The Catholicose.  The members of our Church should support those candidates who are honest, dedicated, hard working and willing to serve the people irrespective of their political party origin but our Church should not be biased. The work of the Church is KAHANUSA, ahariyavela and that should be the main focus of the church.

      DR M.S.ALEXANDER, Leeds, England�