Spiritual Words

    Message 1 of 672 , Feb 28, 2011
      "A worker takes the trouble to get hold of the instruments that he requires. He does so not simply to have them and not use them. Nor is there any profit for him in merely possessing the instruments. What he wants is, with their help, to produce the crafted objective for which these are the efficient means. In the same way, fasting, vigils, scriptural meditation, nakedness, and total deprivation do not constitute perfection but are the means to perfection. They are not themselves the end point of a discipline, but an end is attained through them. To practice them will therefore be useless if someone instead of regarding these as means to an end is satisfied to regard them as the highest good. One would possess the instruments of a profession without knowing the end where the hoped-for fruit is to be found."

      St. John Cassian.

      "Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me, For I am desolate and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart have enlarged." Psalm 25:16-17
      Message 672 of 672 , Jul 2 5:57 PM

        Christ is my God and my hope.
        His cross is the rod of my faith.
        His pierced side is the flood of my baptism.
        The blood of His flagellation is the oil of my anointment.
        His apostles are the guide of my way.
        My lady Mariam is the door of my salvation.

           Aba Giorgis of Gasicha.

        "And you who seek God, your hearts shall live. For the Lord hears the poor."  Psalm 69:32-33