Happy New Year Wishes to all members of ICON family

  • DR M.S.Alexander, Leeds, England
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2010
      GOOD BYE 2010 AND WELCOME 2011
      We are coming to the end of 2010. On the whole this was a good year for our Holy Church. H.H.Didimos 1st, The Catholicose, could ordain 7 more metropolitans, and he could declare his intention to retire voluntarily at the peak of his authority, and he could ordain H.H.Paulose 2nd as the new Catholicose and Malankara Metropolitan. We could witness a very smooth transfer of power. We have more Metropolitans and more diocese than at any other time in our history. We have made a good attempt to spread the resources of our church. There were greater missionary activities to share the love of God in action. The morale of our members is increasing, and there is a glimmer of hope that the closed churches will be opened again for our people to worship God in His house as it happened in Kolencherry Church.  2011 looks very promising for our Holy Church. We will celebrate our centenary with prayers and worship and thanks giving. We will focus more on our mission work. Our campaign against alcoholism will continue.

      ICON has about 10000 members. The articles in ICON are noted by our church leaders even though they do not respond always or do not inform what is the official policy of the church on certain matters discussed in ICON. Let us continue our discussions in ICON bur refrain from writing, "Measure for Measure" about, "Much Ado About Nothing"� as it happens some times.

      I wish a recession free and a very happy New Year to all ICON readers.

      DR M.S.ALEXANDER, Leeds, England