Spiritual Words

    Message 1 of 644 , Nov 30, 2010
      'Be attentive to yourself,' says Moses (Deut 15:9) - that is, to the whole of yourself, not to a few things that pertain to you, neglecting the rest. By what means? With the intellect assuredly, for nothing else can pay attention to the whole of yourself. Set this guard, therefore, over your soul and body, for thereby you will readily free yourself from the evil passions of body and soul. Take yourself in hand, then, be attentive to yourself, scrutinize yourself, or, rather, guard, watch over and test yourself, for in this manner you will subdue your rebellious unregenerate self to the Spirit and there will never again be 'some secret iniquity in your heart.'

      St. Gregory Palamas.
      Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6
      Message 644 of 644 , Mar 25 8:05 PM

        "A time will come when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'you are not like us.'"

         - St. Anthony the Great.

        "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  2 Chronicles 7:14