Re: Church Online Portal to Collect Credit Card Donations
- Excellent idea by Johnson. Our chruch is not a poor chruch. A good number of
people enjoy reasonably good income and the new generation I believe are
more vocal in charity deeds and contribution. What we lack is a forum. With
the idea expressed by Johnson and fine-tuned by accounting experts, we can
have credible charity collections. Many people within the chruch do not
contribute due to apprehensions of money reaching the right hands. Can
someone appropiate in the chruch management take note and move idea further
Reji Varughese, Abu Dhabi
- It will a very good step, if the transperancy in handling this account can be maintained. It is not the lack of interest in contributing to charity, but the lack of transperancy on how the funds are handled. The donors have the right to make sure that the funds have reached the right hands.
Reney Mathew, Kochi.
- Dear Sirs,
This is an excellent idea.
However there may be some problems to link all our institutions since some of them may not have the FCRA registration to receive foreign donations. Another aspect is sometimes the donors do not intimate the institutions their details - the banks give only the name of the remitter and not the full address- and this leads to accounting difficulties. Another aspect which must be borne in mind is the fact that all donors must be identified with name and address (no donation in principle from well wishers can be accepted - no anonymous donations). If all donors take care of these, it is an excellent idea.
- 1. some of them may not have the FCRA registration
# those who have FCRA registration can help those who doesn't have or it can be channeled through diocesan office.
2. all donors must be identified with name and address
# We can make certain parameters as compulsory values in online form such as name & address to donate.
Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu
- Dear Sir,
I refer to Mr.Sajy Thannikkottu's mail.
1. As far as I know, funds received by an institution having FCRA cannot be transferred to Non FCRA institutions.I donot know whether Diocesan offices can receive funds without FCRA registration. Somebody knowledgeable can advise.
2. I agree that the solution can be found for getting the full details of the donor.
- Dear Mr. Isaac Thomas
I was trying to say to register every diocesan office under FCRA. Then diocesan office can take various projects in their name.
As I am not an expert on this area I don't want to comment further.
However, I don't think we should worry about FCRA rules as we will find one or other option to help various projects after consulting a financial expert.
In fact Indians are very expert in finding loop holes. Otherwise how come HB Thomas I could come with a society church under society act when Supreme Court ordered to unite the church.
At least our purpose is noble.
Sajy Thannikkottu, Kathmandu