8-Day Fast Begins Today

  • Dr. M. S. Alexander, Leeds, England
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010
      This is not one of the canonical lents of our Church. Yet it is custom and practice that thousands of our members observe this lent with reverence and respect, I have seen that this lent has become an official programme in many parish churches as well. Yesterday in Gregoriannews I read that this lent will be observed in Germany, St Mary's church Thumpamon, St Mary's Church in Shooranattu North Church. I know that is observed in numerous others our churches all over the world. In addition to this thousands of our members observe lent on every Wednesday in memory of St Mary. Of course we have the official 15 days lent in memory of St Mary.� We pray for the intercession of St Mary every day in our daily prayers and during the Holy Qurbana celebration. St Mary has a unique position among all the saints of our church. This year to facilitate and to assist those who observe this lent we have reprinted a book called ETTU NOYIMBIL� published many years ago by late Rev Remban Fr M.C.Kuriakose. Copies of this book can be purchased from Rev Fr John, Vicar, Sleeba Church, Pathamuttam, Kottayam at a cost of Rs 30-00 per book. This book is in sale in many book shops of our church in Kerala as well. It is a very useful guide to help the faithful to strengthen their faith in our Church.

      DR M.S.ALEXANDER, Leeds, England