Spiritual Words

    Message 1 of 659 , Jul 4, 2010
      "Every man should examine himself and watch himself with good judgment, lest he rely on hope alone without mourning and humility in God; nor on humility and tears unless followed by hope and spiritual joy."

      St. Simeon the New Theologian.
      "Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore!" Psalm 105:4
      Message 659 of 659 , May 24 9:15 PM

        "The fathers tell us that there are various methods of resisting the temptations of the mind and various ways of defeating them, according to the strength of the one who struggles: one may either pray against evil thoughts or enter into contention with them, or else turn them away by contempt. The last method is that of the most perfect souls. As for contending with our thoughts, this too is a method suitable to those who are in progress. Beginners and weak souls should pray, evoking good thoughts against evil imaginings, for St. Isaac teaches that passions should be circumvented by the guile of virtues. When we are assailed by delusions, so that we cannot pray humbly and in interior silence, we should take arms again them, displacing evil thoughts by good ones."

           St. Nilus of Sora.

        "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."  Romans 5:19