Re: MGOCSM General Secretary and the Bishop Candidacy

  • Dr. Biju Thomas, Pandalam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
      Being a close associate and a well wisher of MGOCSM for the last three
      decades I couldn't keep quiet reading the post from Fr George John.
      It's not MGOCSM or any spiritual organization who decide who should
      become a Bishop. It's the electoral body of the church who decides
      that. If the secretary of MGOCSM was not capable or not eligible,
      they wouldn't have come out with such clear cut majority in elections.
      Time has proved that all the secrataries who became bishops
      maintained very good service records and they perform far ahead of
      other bishops too. This includes Late HG Philipose mar Theophilose
      and Mas Eusabiose.

      MGOCSM is an international organisation now and the secretary has to
      travel throughout the year around the world. So it's always better to
      have an unmarried priest as secretary rather than a married priest or
      layman with family bindings.

      To my knowledge, nobody offered themselves as the secretary of MGOCSM.
      But it was the responsibility entrusted upon them by the church. If
      they have done their part well, people would have liked them and God's
      grace was with them and they became bishops. You don't have to see it
      with prejudice or jealousy. You can't underestimate or overlook the
      contributions these 3 bishops rendered.

      If at least a few people think like this, it's the resposibility of
      the church to have a very serious thinking before choosing a candidate
      for this prestigious post.

      For your kind information, I am neither an office bearer nor a
      benificiary of MGOCSM in anyway other than the inspiration I got from
      the movment to love the church.

      DR. BIJU THOMAS
      Pandalam, Kerala