Future Bishop Elections

  • Biji Abraham, Abu Dhabi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      Ref ICON digest 3847, posting of Philip Auckland, on Far East diocese.

      Dear Moderators,

      "All said and done, I will be more pleased if our church concentrates on some creative work for the community than making new dioceses and consecrating new bishops. This doesn't mean I am against any new dioceses, but I am definitely against more Bishops and that too anybody less than the age of 50."

      While I had gone through the above mail, I thought that it will be unfair on my part if I keep quiet in not expressing solidarity with the the latter part of the above mail as is well said and rightly said- even though I'm not part of the discussion on the topic as such. I do not want to elaborate much on the recent Bishop selection process, but results would have been hundred times better if the system could have selected preists at least with more experience even in priesthood.

      Let the H. Spirit guide us.
      Biji Abraham- Chengannur
      Abu Dhabi