Spiritual Words

    Message 1 of 648 , May 31, 2010
      "When praying heedfully, guard yourself with great caution, so as to pray in Psalms and to chant prayers with fear, joy, firm zeal, and a low bow to the divine icon. For you will find in the Psalms both instruction and prayer. Let us not pronounce the words only with the tip of the tongue, but pray with our whole heart. Join into one the body, the soul, and the mind."

      St. Paisius Velichkovksy.
      "Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! Sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless His name; Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day." Psalm 96:1-2
      Message 648 of 648 , Apr 22 7:41 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Therefore, through patience and the consolation of the Scriptures may we also have hope of consoling ourselves after the afflictions of our distress when we too have been patient in tribulation and call to mind the actions of those who have far excelled us in righteousness and merit and borne far greater trials of adversity than we. For they, on account of the righteousness in which they were quite exemplary, often suffered the persecution of the unrighteous, in order that, by their exercise of righteousness, they might receive the crown of invincible patience, and might, moreover, leave behind for all who followed them the glorious footprints of their perseverance to mark their way."

           The Venerable Bede.

        "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven."  Matthew 5:10