Re: Dublin Lamentations

  • George Thomas, Bangalore
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2010
      Friends,

      Dr M S Alexander has become so emboldened enough to take on one of the metropolitans of our church saying ''you asked for it''.
      Whether this denotes the acme of internal democracy in our church or the pits of degeneration is not for me to conclude, but nevertheless it's a matter worthy of debate.
      According to Dr MS, because Theophilos thirumeni is not the diocesan metropolitan of UK, he has no right to comment about the affairs in that diocese. On the contrary, Dr MS has God-given rights to make his views clear since, in his words: ''I am a member of this diocese, and a member of the general body of this diocese.''
      I do not know why he forgot to mention that he's also an elected managing committee member from the UK, Europe diocese.
      It would be great if Dr MS could clarify for members of ICON about the last elections held to finalise lay and clergy Sabha managing committee (MC) members from his diocese.
      In particular, I would like to know:
      1.) When and where did the elections take place?
      2.) Who presided over the meeting?
      3.) What is the full voting strength of the lay and clergy Malankara Association members from the UK, Europe diocese who are the voters when it comes to electing MC members?
      4.) How many voters were actually present during the event?
      5.) How many candidates were there?
      6.) How many votes did Dr MS secure?

      I hope Dr MS can spare some time from his busy schedule to clarify this small matter, which will burnish his credentials as a ranking lay leader of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.

      Georgy S Thomas, Bangalore