Attending Holy Qurbana???

  • Daniel Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      In reference to the email of Daya Kappil, on this subject, I agree
      with her opinion. I wish to quote Very Rev.Chor-Episcopo G.
      Mannikarott of Malankara Catholic Church "Antioch occupied an eminent
      position in the apostolic tradition, doctrine and culture. In this
      background, it was easy for the Christian faith to take a deep root
      in the soil, and' develop unique liturgy and rite.
      The Antiochean liturgy is radiant with God's awe inspiring presence,
      mystery, articulated expression of the Salvific plan, and above all,
      scriptural and theological prayers. The seasonal observance of Lent,
      practice of austerity, rigorous regulations of fasting and
      abstinence, recitation of breviary even by the laity, etc. had
      brought name and fame to the rite. The poetical hymns of Mar Ephrem
      and devotional songs of Mar Jacob utilized in the liturgy make it ap-
      pealing to both the learned and the ordinary men. It possesses one of
      the most beautiful 'Anaphoras' (canons) of the mass, namely that of
      St. James, which is one of the closest replicas of the Last Supper of
      our Lord". As Ms. Daya says why we have to cut short of the beautiful
      liturgy. If we agree to do it were will be the end.
      Regarding the declared Saints. H.H. Baselius Yaldo ('Kothamangalam
      Bava') had been declared as a saint by our Church in 1947, along with
      Parumala Thirumeni. Recently (Oct. 2000) the Catholica Bava has
      issued a "Kalpana" (Encyclical) reminding that the names of both of
      these saints be remembered in Thubden. Even in many churches do not
      follow the "Kalpana" fully.
      Why the Catholica Bava have to re issues a `Kalpana" after 53 years?
      Is it because the other faction in the church issued a Patriarchal
      Bull on Dec 20, 1987?
      Why Kothamangalam Bava's name is omitted in many churches even today?
      Is it because he is not a form Malankara?
      If I am wrong please correct me… I think because of our LACK OF
      KNOWLEDGE IN THE CHURCH HISTORY, OUR IGNORENCE TO THE FACTS AND OUR
      NARROW MINDED MENALITY.
      In conclusion my opinion is that.. Leave the liturgy untouched and
      just obey the church with all faith in it. Otherwise very soon we
      will be demanding an independent church in America or even each of
      the dioceses. Please go through the messages of this forum, which
      will prove itself.
      In God's Love
      Thomas Daniel