Spiritual Words

    Message 1 of 960 , Feb 3, 2010
      "When you hear of the impassible and invisible nature of the supramundane angels and of the wicked nature - wise, acute and extremely crafty in deceit - of him who fell away from that realm, do not think that any such being is equal with God. Seeing the greatness of the heaven and its manifold motions, the sun's brilliance, the shining of the moon, the bright twinkle of the stars, the beneficial breezes of the air, the broad back of the sea and land, do not make a god of any of them. For all are servants and creations of the one God, brought forth from non-being by His Logos. 'For He spake and they came into being; He commanded and they were created' (Ps. 33:9. LXX). Him alone, therefore, the Master and Creator of all, you should glorify as God and through love you should cleave to Him..."

      St. Gregory Palamas.
      "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive." Proverbs 17:28
      Message 960 of 960 , Aug 3 4:49 PM

        "Men are often called intelligent wrongly. Intelligent men are not those who are erudite in the sayings and books of the wise men of old, but those who have an intelligent soul and can discriminate between good and evil. They avoid what is sinful and harms the soul; and with deep gratitude to God they resolutely adhere by dint of practice to what is good and benefits the soul. These men alone should truly be called intelligent."

        St. Antony the Great, On the Character of Men and on the Virtuous Life.

        "I spread out my hands to You; My soul longs for You like a thirsty land."  Psalm 143:6