Re: Digest #442/Women's Role in our Church

  • Sarah Korah
    Message 1 of 2117 , Apr 2 4:06 AM
      I am glad to see some response reg.: women in Orthodox Church.
      A certain person wrote about women not going to school, etc., in the earlier
      years, I do hope that person was not talking about Querela Orthodox Women.
      Our women had been Judges, Magistrates, Doctors and Several other key
      positions for several generations not just yesterdays! I am pretty old and I
      know of great great grand mother who was a Judge Doctor, Etc., and even when
      Travancore had small Kingdoms women from our society had position as
      Minister.

      I do hope and pray that there will come out a Rosa Parks to lift us up
      sooner than later.

      I do agree with Rev. JP. Why can't some priests and
      men do something about this injustice to your fellow creatures?
      There had been few women in leading role during the time of Apostles and even
      when Christ was on this earth, good number of women who followed Him and
      walked with him throughout His Ministry and even during the Crucifixion and
      funeral and the Resurrection etc.

      Sarah Korah
      Message 2117 of 2117 , Nov 15, 2011
        "From solitude and silence are born tender contrition, and meekness; the activity of this latter in the human heart may be compared to that quiet water of Siloe, which flows without noise or sound, as the Prophet Isaiah speaks of it: 'the waters of Siloe that go softly' (Is. 8:6)."

        St. Seraphim of Sarov.

        "But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works." Psalm 73:28