Some Important Documents Related to Unity in Church, from HG Mar Meletius

  • Thomas P, San Jose, California
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010
      Let us wholeheartedly thank HG Yuhanon Mar Meletius for publishing these important documents.

      http://cid-866cc4f0caf251c6.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Hypocrisy%20of%20Jacobite%20People

      The Patriarch wrote: "Manushyaavathaarathinethireyulla ettavum moshapetta sakshyam vibhaktha sabhayanu"

      If faith is more important than anything else, two groups can still consider a complete unity. But nothing can be forced - it all depends on a realization. I feel the problem with our people is ego. We are not able to be humble. Christ taught about loving your enemy, but the extreme language used in some Jacobite publications against Orthodox side is the worst among all Christian denominations. We need to realize at some point that is the same faith these two groups follow. Church should be liberated from the control of fanatic leaders who care nothing about faith and the future of people of Malankara Church and its existence and growth in India. There should be more programs to help people come together and reach a realization.

      Thomas
      SJ CA
    • John Jacob, Kuwait
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2010
        Dear Brother Thomas P,

        The fruits of Eternal Victory are borne from the seeds of temporary defeats. One who is not willing to concede defeats in this world, will likely end up suffering eternally defeated in Christ's World! For Christ who is King has proclaimed, "Whoever finds his life shall lose it, and whoever loses his life for MY sake shall find it."

        Defeats conceded with deliberation after 'painfully' developing within oneself an 'In Love with my Brother' state-of-being, will surely not go unnoticed by the LORD. For this of course, a wider perspective & a larger time-horizon will be needed by a sinful-yet-Christly-positive Christian.

        As the saying goes, "Great Minds discuss Ideas, Average Minds discuss Events, Small Minds discuss People". In a world that is already traumatized by Satan and his forces, let us not cede Satan the control over our minds too. Instead, let us just get back to the basics of baptism - by diligently and consciously rejecting Satan and his negative thoughts (in us), and saturate our hearts and minds with Christ and His Ways!

        The moment LOVE is given its RIGHTFUL place in the Malankara Church, solution to all our problems will surely be just be round the corner! As such, let us never tire talking about LOVE since it is also the very basis of Jesus' Mission & teachings to the Church. Here let us also remember that a Man who is in Love, can be identified through his words too!

        Last but not the least, I would like to share a Hindi saying that comes to my mind...'Chhota Muh, Badi Baat'...which means 'Small Mouth, Big Talks'. Time & again I find myself in such a predicament with its associated risks...but then, for the sake of Christ Jesus, I feel that some matters are better to be said (even with a heavy heart), than left unsaid. After all, we Christians are not fighting individuals; but Satan and his principalities.

        Yours in Christ!

        John Jacob
        Kuwait