Re: God's work

  • Raju Baby Thaluvachira, Mehsana
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
      Glory to God

      Most Resp.& Dearly beloved Holy brethren,

      This has reference to the mail regarding God's work.

      It would be better if we try to learn other religions' teachings also.
      Both Hinduism and Christianity teach one thing "Before the world was created, the Word already existed; he was with God, and he was the same as God. From the very beginning the Word was with God. Through him God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without him. The Word was the source of life.

      We are saying that Word as JESUS, and Hindus say that word as OHM.

      The other differences and walls are made by us according to our convenience (by the name of Holy spirit). That word is flowing through us in the form of LOVE.  Yes God is Love, He Lives in us and that Paradise is ourselves, if we are unable to show that Christ in our lives it is our fault.

      If we are believing the story of Adam and Eve correct, then we all are brothers and sisters also.

      According to science there are approximately 100 thousand millions of galaxies in the Universe. There are approximately 100 thousand millions of stars in each galaxy. The creator of that Galaxies lives in us in the form of LOVE.

      Let us surrender to the Great Creator unconditionlly and show others about Him through our lives.

      We are from God, we are in Hands of God and We are going to Him.

      Pray for all ever & ever with Love

      Raju Baby Thaluvachira -MGOSC-Mehsana
      St.Mary' OSC- Alencherry
    • Rev. Fr. K.K. John
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
        ICON Digest 3667 Ronnie's reply

        I am extremely delighted to know from the postings of M/s Ronnie, Georgy and Jacob on the same subject that there are worthy faithful among us who can rise to the occasion and defend the true faith and that is the true mark of being Christian. I appreciate you all.

        It has become a fashion for affluent and educated people to generalize the Christian faith and say there are many Gods and god-men, and all religions are sacrosanct worthy of equal reverence. But a Christian is the one who unwaveringly says there is only One Living God and there is no Salvation outside of Christ and his Church, Acts 4:12, Phil 2:10, Rev 7:10.

        I am at a lose to understand how one could claim "Orthodox" and deny what Jesus Himself claimed, "No one comes to the Father except through Me",John 14:6.

        Incidentally I read in another forum, "My own understanding of the oft-quoted "I am the truth" attributed to Jesus of Nazareth belongs in the same category of the Upanishadic assertion of "I am That" (tatvam asi), or "I am the Ultimate" aham brahmasmi)." To the best of my knowledge of reading the scriptures, Jesus never claimed that He was God. Or did He do that anywhere explicitly?" The writer, to my great dismay, claimed many times before, he is 'orthodox'.

        I have a request to all those who think all religions are the same or Christ is one among the many founders of religions to read "Prajapathiyagam Enna Kruseekaranam" by Dr V Koshy Abraham. Dr Koshy has completely succeeded to establish beyond doubt for any seeker of truth that the Prajapathy or the Vedic Lord is truly Jesus Christ in whom all the sayings in Rgveda, Bahagavath Geetha and Upanishads. He has extensively quoted various Upanishad sayings and compared with the relevant Bible verses to prove that Jesus Christ is the only source and way of Salvation. When we go back to the early human history, it is easy to find that the Aryans migrated India from the Middle East were the siblings of Hebrew sect and they had many things in common. A language student must have also learned that many of our present languages are offspring of “Indo-Germanic group of languages and have common legacy. It is quite genuine to believe that both Aryans and Hebrews
        had common cultural heritage. Vedic Hindu literature and the Old Testament claim the virgin birth of a sinless One who shall be sacrificed for the sins of the world. I must proclaim that careful reading and studying this book is a great asset and a sure way to know that the Hindu sages thought and recorded in the same line with Hebrew Prophets.

        I would like to share my own experience: before becoming a clergy, I worked in a nationally reputed company under Marwadi management in Bangalore for 14 years as Personnel and Administrative Officer. Management was well aware of my religious fervor. Incidentally, I must record here that Marwadi and Jains are far more devout in religious observances compared to us, 'Compromising Christians'. Their morality is also far above our level. Ayudha Pooja, Deepavali, etc were celebrated with full devotion. Total cleaning of the whole area arranging the tools and machinery in perfect order was a must before conducting the pooja by their priests. I had to oversee all the arrangements. Officers lined up in the first row near the pooja place. At the end of the pooja the priest brings aarathi (flaming camphor), sprinkles water on devotees and then pours water into the palm of devotees who drink it with utmost piety, according to seniority. Each one will piously
        lean toward the flame and water, bow down and with both hands receive them. Then the priest distributes Prasadam (matter offered to idols) in the same order. At this time of pooja I used to slide to rear. I never-once received the aarathi or prasadam. Once one of my fellow officers jokingly pointed this matter to CEO. His reply was, "I admire his devotion to what he believe is right, let us not disturb him." We had discussions about our religious differences and he always appreciated my religious fervor. What I have seen is that people respect those who fearlessly follow their faith and look with contempt of those who compromise with religious faith for social gains and material benefits. Our Lord revealed to St John that he hates lukewarm attitude, Rev 3: 20. He said, "He who is ashamed of me and my Gospel, shall be ashamed in the presence of Father." Let us boldly stand for our faith,

        KK Johnachen.
        Philadelphia
      • Ronnie Daniel
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
          --- In IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. K.K. John<indianorthodox@...> wrote:
          > Our Lord revealed to St John that he hates lukewarm attitude, Rev 3: 20. He said, "He who is ashamed of me and my Gospel, I shall be ashamed in the presence of Father." Let us boldly stand for our faith,

          Dear Moderators,

          It is high time that we put a stop to this fashionable conversation of the affluent which undermines the Gospel. As Dr. Binu said at least some people will think it is OK to be fashionable along with the other fashionable people who has the opinion that a worshipper is seeking the same thing in a Christian Church and a Hindu temple. What more witness you need for a resurrected Christ who gave his life for us and took all our sins upon him. If we truly understood the meaning of his last cry on the cross "Matthew 27 : 46. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ""Eloi, Eloi," "lama" "sabachthani?""--which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" we would have never said all religions are the same.

          I wish and pray that many of our Priests and Bishops similar to the post by Resp. KK John Achen come forward and stop this onslaught on the core principal of Christianity itself. Even the reform thinking Marthomites pity this attitude of our people.

          No one has ever said that we should go to a Hindu and speak about the nobility of our belief or to judge them based on their worshipping idols. But, our fundamental faith is that there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ. This is the core of the commandments God the Father gave to Moses and the core of Jesus Commandments and the Holy Synod declarations of Nicea and Constantinople and all the Holy Synods met afterwards. This is a matter of Faith and Discipline of Church and not I repeat not a matter for fashionable conversation.

          Rgds
          Ronnie Daniel
          Toronto, Canada