Abraham Mathai Noornal IPS Chief Security Adviser of UN

  • Rev. Fr. MK Kuriakose, Philadelphia
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 7:51 PM
      I would like to use these pages to felicitate and compliment Mr. Abraham Mathai Noornal who has been working with the United Nations for many years. The following is a short write up about him and his recent appointment:

      Abraham Mathai Nooranal IPS has been appointed Chief Security Advisor of the Human Right Commission of United Nations with head quarters in Geneva. Abraham Mathai is the son of late Rev. Fr. Mathai Nooranal, of blessed memory, former Priest Trustee of Malankara Orthodox Church and the founder of St. Mary's College, Sulthan Bathery. Abraham Mathai, a native of Sulthan Bathery, Wynad began his profession as lecturer at the St. Mary's College of Sulthan Bathery. While a professor, he had also engaged himself in Christian convention speeches. He was awarded IES initially and later IPS in 1983.Immediately he was given very important positions considering his erudition, dedication, honesty and transparent personality. He served as Asst. Director of the prestigious Special Protection Group of the Prime Ministers of India during the tenure of Rajiv Gandhi to I.K.Gujral. He was then selected to UN International Civil Service in 1997 and was the Security Advisor of UN for South Asia Gulf region with head quarters in New York.

      The present job is a great recognition for his dedicated service. A staunch member of the Indian Orthodox Church, Mr. Abraham Mathai deserves our best wishes and prayers.

      Love, Fr. M. K. Kuriakose,
      St. Thomas Indian Orthodox Church, Philadelphia.