Re: Letter to Prime Minister and Finance Minister of India

  • Dr. Philipose Joshua, Trivandrum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009
      This has reference to the posting of  H.G.Job Mar Philoxenos regarding his letters to the Prime Minister and Finance Minister. I may mention here that we had the privilege of visiting the Holy Land during February this year. There were 38 people under the leadership of Rev.Fr.Joseph Chacko, then Asst.Vicar of St.George Cathedral, Trivandrum. Out of the 38 people 37 were Orthodox Christians and one, a relative of one of the participants, was a Marthomite. All of us, except three or four people, were couples.  All of us except two were from various Orthodox churches from Trivandrum.  During our tour we met one group from Andhra Pradesh.  Their tour leader was a Malayalee.  We were told that the AP Govt is giving them INR 30,000/- as subsidy for the Holy Land tour. That is about 50% concession for the total expense and not just for air ticket. I hope Christians in other parts of the country too will get this kind of benefit.

      Dr.Philipose Joshua
      Trivandrum