Malankara Association: Part 2
- Continued from Prev.Part - (Malankara Association Part 1):
6. The ensuing Malankara Association is convened by His Holiness the
Catholicos at the behest of the Supreme Court, as per mutually agreed terms
suggested by Lawyers of both factions and approved by the Supreme
Court. Accordingly the Malankara Association has to be conducted under the
supervision and control of an observer Judge appointed by the Court.
7. As directed by the Supreme Court, both factions, honouring the compromise
formula, have already remitted Rs.50,000/- each, to meet the expenses of the
observer Hon. Judge Malimath(Retired) appointed to supervise the conduct of
the Association and to report back to the Supreme Court.
8. After reaching such an agreement in court for the smooth functioning of
the Malankara Association, none of the members of either party hencefourth
can ever refuse to accept the Supreme Court verdict which is final and
binding on all concerned.
9. The commencement of the Malankara Association on the 20th of March 2002 at
Parumala is to be acclaimed as a golden opportunity to establish lasting
peace and unity in the strife torn Malankara Church.
10. His Holiness the Catholicos has repeatedly reiterated beyond the
possibility of any doubt that the Patriarch of Antioch will continue to
enjoy the place of honour he legitimately deserves in accordance with the
provisions of the 1934 Constitution of the Malankara Church upheld as valid
and binding by the Supreme Court.
(Continued in Part 3).