Spiritual Words

    Message 1 of 684 , Apr 30, 2009
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Faith, therefore, takes the place of that which escapes our knowledge, being by its own security a guarantee for what is invisible. So the Apostle says of the faithful soul: 'he endured as seeing Him that is invisible' (Heb. 11:27). Hence foolish is the man who claims that it is possible to know the divine nature by a knowledge that is vain and futile. Nor is any man so great as to be able to equate his reason with the Lord. 'For who is in the clouds,' says David (Ps. 88:7), 'can be compared to the Lord?' What we seek is hardly so small that it can be grasped by the reasoning of insignificant human nature."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.
      "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people." Psalms 9:10-11
      Message 684 of 684 , Sep 2 7:54 PM

        "The path travelled by the righteous has always been a hard one, my brethren. They have always been hard-pressed, either by those who do not believe in God or who hold a wrong belief. Abel was wronged by his brother Cain; Noah and Lot likewise by a wicked race of men; and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob by the heathen. But God never leaves the righteous to walk his hard way alone. This is clearly seen in the life of Isaac: 'I am the God of Abraham your father, do not fear.' Isaac understood these words, with their overflowing significance. By them, God gave him courage, and they were a reminder of His presence."

           St. Nikolai Velimirovich.

        "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  2 Corinthians 5:17