H.G. Geevarughese Mar Coorilos Appointed as President of MGOCSM.

  • Prof. John Mathew Koodarathil, Kottayam
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      The Holy Episcopal Synod of the Orthodox Church has appointed H.G. Geevarughese Mar Coorilos, Metropolitan of the Bombay Diocese as the new President of MGOCSM.

      The news is received warmly by Students and Senior friends and all alike. Coorilos Thirumeni is well at home with all sections of the student community. Having a long spell of close interaction with the students and their parents, we are sure that Thirumeni can deliver the goods. It is the Movement which has groomed Thirumeni right from his school days to come to its leadership today. He is fortunate that he can draw lessons from his mercurial predecessors like Mar Theophilus and Mar Eusebius. As the General Secretary of the Movement for so many years he knows, more than any body else, the sensations and sensibilities of the growing generation. Thirumeni’s national and international exposures will add to the general functioning of the Movement and we are sure that the Church stands to gain with so many God fearing and worthy young men and women. Surely, Thirumeni’s organizational skill will offer a new thrust to the Movement in its post centenary years.
      Living in an advanced society where destiny of every individual is written and rewritten at regular timeframes, it is challenging to take the roads less travelled by. Hope Thirumeni will take pleasure in it and proceed in his mission with a definite road map.

      We entrust Thirumeni in to the hands of our Lord for the greater deeds and we wish him Good Luck.

      Prof. John Mathew,
      Senior Vice President, MGOCSM.