Re: Ball in whose Court?

  • Sajy Thannikottu, Kathmandu
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
      Mr. Philip Ayyamplackal wrote: "In the Supreme Court (SC) verdict,
      the reference to the Patriarch is nothing new which is on the basis
      of our 1934 constitution. The problem is people try to interpret the
      role of Patriarch the way they want. The SC is not saying to
      surrender to the Patriarch. The Patriarch is given some privileges as
      per our constitution and it is due only to the Patriarch who is
      selected with the knowledge of our Church. How can such privileges be
      given to a person who is not selected with out the knowledge of our
      church? If we give it then what is the validity of the constitution
      and the SC verdict?"

      I agree to these words. But my question is where the breaking point
      is? I am sure we can't expect HB Thomas I in the courtyard with this
      ball as probably I should say he is born for division. From recent
      experiences I don't think HH Zakha Iwas will take any initiative.
      Obviously next Patriarch will also be elected without MOSC's
      knowledge. And similarly all future SOC Patriarchs. So in my thinking
      convincing common man is the only remedy. In order to break this
      trauma someone has to take an initiative through cooperation &
      forgiveness. And any common man should be convinced about that
      initiation & that should be based on long term vision but not short
      term. Why MOSC can't take any such initiative?

      I really felt proud (probably for the first time) after seeing such a
      discipline & lack of political presence in recent Kottayam meeting.
      Let us hope we will continue better than this.

      Regards

      Sajy Thannikottu, Kathmandu
    • Thomas Samuel, Nairobi
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2008
        Dear Friends,
        There is no ball to play in Church. The church is a place of
        worshipping the God and not place of warships.Church is the body of
        Christ. The faithful/believers are different organs of the body
        (church).
        Jesus christ did not appoint Peter as head of visible church.Peter
        never claimed himself as supreme Elder of early church.The syrian
        Partrirch and his appointed clergy in Malankara are fighting for
        wealth/proprties and not for witnessing the Truth or not following
        the Truth.
        In old testament we have an example of Abraham's and Lot's seperation.
        (gen:13)"You go one way and I will go the other"(gen 13:9)This is how
        our spirutual leaders should behave.Those people who do not accept
        1934 constituition and do not recognize the catholicate of Malankara
        orthodox church should not claim for wealth/and proprties of MOC.

        Lastly priesthood is not for Sale.This what Syrian Partriarchs did in
        Malankara church. They falsley obtained an oath of allegience from
        the Malankara metropolitans and bishops during their ordination.the
        oath of allegiance is that they (malankara metropolitans/bishops are
        subordinate to Syrian Partriarch and declare Partriarch as their head
        and submit themselves to the holy throne of Antioch, the holy see of
        st. Peter. Acts of apostle 13;1-4 describes how,where and who
        ordained apostle Paul and Barnabas.There there was no oath of
        allegiance apostle Paul or Barnabas made to those who gave them the
        priesthood or to the holy throne of Antioch. St. Peter always taught
        St.Paul as an equal apostle like him.(2 Peter 3:15)Jesus sais his
        disciples you are given the auhority and and power for free and you
        give them free.Now judge yourself and see where to play the Ball.

        Thomas Samuel, Nairobi