Prayer for the Church

  • Saji Mathews, Auckland, NZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008
      Respected and beloved in Christ,

      We all are aware of the Malankara Suriyani Christhyani Association scheduled to be held on Sept'11 2008 at Pampakuda. As the church authorities are putting in all efforts for the success of this event, we as faithful members of the church have an obligation to specially pray for our church during this time.

      Let us give heed to the call of our spiritual father His Holiness Moran Mar Baselious Marthoma Didymos I and love our Church as our life. We have to take care of our church like our spiritual fathers who considered the church as the apple of their eye.

      Let us lay to rest all our concerns and Rejoice in the Lord and pray. As St. Paul says in Philippians 4:4-7, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".
      The condition is Prayer. Our church fathers have formulated a prayer for the church which is available in the "Malankara Suriyani Christhyanikalude Prarthanakramam" published by M.O.C Page No.474-477.

      A pdf. version of both English & Malayalam is attached herewith. Please read at the following link:

      Please add this to your daily prayer from the day you receive this. Please circulate the prayer to all who do not have access to this. We will see the Power of Holy Spirit working more vigorously in our church.

      Respected Priests - Please include this to your prayers especially after the Holy Qurbana in the coming Sundays before the Association. Presbyters and others who lead congregations and prayer meetings around the world please say this prayer during your meetings. It will just take 3 minutes of your time.

      Our Lord will work wonders for us and our concerns will be wiped away.

      With Prayers

      Saji Mathews
      Auckland, New Zealand

      PS: People are being killed in the state of Orissa in the name of Christ Jesus. Their target is Christians - there is no division or group in any form. Let us kneel down and pray for both the victims and miscreants.