Spiritual Words

  • Mark Sadek, indianorthodox@yahoogroups.co
    Message 1 of 652 , Apr 30, 2008
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "You have seen then, man, that transgression is evil, and that sin brings about suffering and anguish. Quick, man, flee from sin, think at once of death, for it is written, 'The prudent man treats sin harshly,' and 'The face of ascetics will shine like the sun.' Remember too that Moses 'preferred to suffer with the people of God rather than enjoy the passing pleasures of sin.' If you love the sufferings of the saints, they will be your friends and intercessors before God. He will grant all your proper requests, because you carried your cross and followed your Lord."

      St. Pachomius.
      "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9
      Message 652 of 652 , Apr 29

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Discernment in beginners is true knowledge of themselves; in intermediate souls, it is a spiritual sense that faultlessly distinguishes what is truly good from what is of nature and opposed to it; and in the perfect, it is the knowledge which they have within by Divine illumination, and which can enlighten with its lamp what is dark in others. Or perhaps, generally speaking, discernment is, and is recognized as, the certain understanding of the Divine will on all occasions, in every place and in all matters; and it is only found in those who are pure in heart, and in body and in mouth."

         - St. John Climacus.

        "Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name."  Psalm 33:20-21