Spiritual Words

  • Mark Sadek, indianorthodox@yahoogroups.co
    Message 1 of 973 , Apr 30, 2008
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "You have seen then, man, that transgression is evil, and that sin brings about suffering and anguish. Quick, man, flee from sin, think at once of death, for it is written, 'The prudent man treats sin harshly,' and 'The face of ascetics will shine like the sun.' Remember too that Moses 'preferred to suffer with the people of God rather than enjoy the passing pleasures of sin.' If you love the sufferings of the saints, they will be your friends and intercessors before God. He will grant all your proper requests, because you carried your cross and followed your Lord."

      St. Pachomius.
      "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9
      Message 973 of 973 , Sep 21 5:19 PM

        "Upon awakening, first give praise to God and, having asked His intercession, begin your most important work, that is, to pray in the heart, purely and without distraction...We are commanded to bring the first and best as offering to God, that is our first thought which we must direct straight to our Lord Jesus Christ in a pure prayer of the heart..."

        Monks Callistus and Ignatius.

        "But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works."  Psalm 73:28