Re: Paschal Meditations from St. Isaac of Ninevah

  • Yesudasan Nedumoncave, Detroit
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 3, 2008
      Respected Fr.John Brian and others,

      I do not feel offense of any of the words as I understand that they
      are not on me personaly.

      However, we have to trust the words of our Lord Jesus Christ
      regarding the salvific role of His sacrifice on the cross rather
      than believing the words of any saints or the theologians. His words
      are thus:

      "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must
      the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not
      perish but have eternal life" (John 3: 14, 15)

      This belief is not only for those who live after Him but also for
      those who lived before him, including the thief on the cross and
      those who have been forgiven while He was on earth, because every
      one has to stand before Him. We have the Apostolic testimony for
      that:

      "They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living
      and the dead. For this reason the gospel was preached also to those
      who are dead that they might be judged according to men in the
      flesh, but live according to God in the spirit"

      Quotes of out of contexts,inelectual interpretations and
      explanations should not dilute the truth, as is being done in many
      cases.

      Excuse me if my words of plain truth offense any one.

      In His love and with regards,

      Yesudasan Nedumoncave, Detroit.
    • George Varghese, Fort McMurray
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 4, 2008
        Dear Yesudasan Uncle:

        Please don't take this in isolation

        "The entire purpose of our Lord's death was not to redeem us from sins,
        or for any other reason,but solely in order that the word might become
        aware of the love which God has for creation. Had all this astounding
        affair taken place solely for the purpose of forgiveness of sin, it
        would have been sufficient to redeem us by other means."

        All I could see from this was how true the Saint is in telling the
        faith of the Church - God who in His love created all creation and who
        became man and was crucified ,rose up ascended into heaven and on sits
        at right hand of the Father .
        How much unworthy of this Love and how disobedeint we are and still His
        love - Please let us not deny that and be a stumble block to those who
        plaed for His mercy.

        I beg others ,please discontinue this thread for many more worthy than
        us have fallen short and fell into heresey.

        In Christ

        George Varghese, Fort McMurray

        P.S As I was also cause to this, Kindly consider this my last
        posting.Please pray for me