Spiritual Words

  • Mark Sadek, indianorthodox@yahoogroups.co
    Message 1 of 989 , Mar 30, 2008
      "It is said that in the life to come the angels and saints ever increase in gifts of grace and never abate their longing for further blessings. No lapse or veering from virtue to vice takes place in that life."

      St. Gregory of Sinai.
      "For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another." 1 John 3:11
      Message 989 of 989 , Nov 27

        "Fasting is the change of every part of our life, because the sacrifice of the fast is not the abstinence but the distancing from sins. Therefore, whoever limits the fast to the deprivation of food, he is the one who, in reality, abhors and ridicules the fast. Are you fasting? Show me your fast with your works. Which works? If you see someone who is poor, show him mercy. If you see an enemy, reconcile with him. If you see a friend who is becoming successful, do not be jealous of him! If you see a beautiful woman on the street, pass her by."

        St. John Chrysostom, On Fasting.

        "One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:13-14.