Holy Lent TV Programme

  • Dr.Vinu Thomas, Dubai
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      I was privileged to watch the first part of 'Atma Shudhikaranathinte
      vazhitharayil' in Kairali TV today.

      A refreshing and splendid effort that goes in line with real
      christian message to save souls and strengthen the pilgrimage to
      salvation during Holy Lent.

      Words are not enough to compliment the thought,planning and patient
      efforts as well as the hardwork put in to bring out this kind of
      programme.

      I am asking all orthodox as well as christian friends far and near
      to watch the programme.

      OCYM of Saint George Orthodox Cathedral,Abu Dhabi specifically and
      all others involved deserves to be appreciated in the precious name
      of our Lord Jesus and may their efforts be registered in Heaven and
      bountifully rewarded.

      Dr.Vinu Thomas, Dubai.
    • Reji Mathew, Abu Dhabi, indianorthodox@ya
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2008
        Dear Brethren in Christ,

        It is highly appreciative the efforts taken by OCYM members of Abu Dhabi Orthodox cathedral Unit Members to arrange a TV programme based on Holy Lent “Athma Shudhekaranthinte Vazhitharayil”. The responses about this programme made it to go up in the rating. Three episodes were so far telecasted successfully.

        The hard work behind this is really appreciative as all studio works like shooting, editing, graphics, music etc are done by our OCYM members only. If it was done in any studio it would have cost about 10,000 AED (USD 2,721/-). They kept their faith in God through the intercession of Mother Mary, St. Thomas, & all our Saints. May the Almighty shower blessings upon them. As it is said in St Mathews 9:8 “when the multitude saw it, they marveled and glorified God, who had given such power to men. ”Of course this power was given by God and that’s the true story behind this success.

        This programme explains who we are and what our beliefs are. It clearly shows that our worship and prayers are based on Holy Bible only. The telecasted episodes explain what true Christianity is. In this era teachings of Jesus Christ is commercialized and people are after magic.

        Orthodox Church doesn’t encourage testimony publicly. As Jesus said to the leper “you tell no one but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded as a testimony to them.”

        We know that many people are healed and blessed by God through the intercession of our Holy Saints but they tell no one only offer gift to the church as a testimony to them.

        Even to the paralytic Jesus only told “take your bed and go to your house”. He didn’t tell him to show it to everybody and attract people to him. This is, I believe Orthodox Church practice is.

        When we have priests like Fr. Jogy K Joy, Fr. O. Thomas & Fr. T. J. Joshua who can teach and guide us, why our people are after this commercial celebrities? Whereever you may go, whoever you may follow if you don’t know what true God is, its’ all in vain.

        The programme presenter Mr. Albert Alex does his work in such a way that it adds more spiritual theme and it is excellent.

        Depending upon the response to the Kairali TV authorities may re- telecast (convenient time for our viewers from Europe and America) or telecast in other Kairali group channels.

        So please write your comments and response to:

        http://www.kairalitv.in/tv/contactus.htm
        In the Field Send To, Select 'About Programmes' and write your feedback.

        With love in God

        Reji Mathew Meenadom
        St George Orthodox Cathedral
        Abu Dhabi
      • Janie A., Texas, USA, indianorthodox@yaho
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2008
          Very proud of St George Orthodox Cathedral, Abu Dhabi for doing such
          a project. Keep up guys!!

          Janie A., Texas, USA