Re: Is ICON a Forum for Anti-Orthodox Propaganda?

  • Thomas, SJ CA
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
      Dear Yesudasan, It is much more serious if a person in the Church, an
      active member (e.g. involved in Sunday School teaching), start
      promoting something against the traditions. When I read Prince
      Thankachan, I realized that he is currently not member of Jacobite or
      Orthodox Church. We read many such external messages in various media.
      Perhaps it entered ICON by mistake, since moderators are handling
      hundreds of messages. One such message from a non-Orthodox member
      appearing in ICON is not an issue for me. We can understand it as
      coming from non-Orthodox member and treat it that way.

      I also thought whether we should exclude people, following an old
      style, or follow the difficult path of entering in to constructive
      discussion with them. Ultimately these people are human beings coming
      from Jacobite/Orthodox or MarThoma background. I thought why can't our
      bishops and other spiritual leaders enter in to constructive dialog
      with such people and try to find the gaps. Perhaps they can be useful
      for the Church if they are willing to do work for the Church. We say
      it is a serious crime for someone to write from a Mar Thoma
      (Protestant) perspective, yet people our community send their
      daughters in marriage to the Mar Thoma Church. Are we allowing them
      to be condemned? How can we accept this contradiction?

      When we consider various aspects, we realize that it is a world of
      contradictions. Not related to this discussion, but another
      contradiction is the Jacobite-Orthodox issue. It is based on some
      false constructs which people are forced to believe as True faith and
      hence fighting for 'Vishwasa Samrakshanam' through cultivating
      unchristian nature in ordinary people. The reason I wrote is that
      there can be only one Orthodox faith. This is the reason why Malankara
      Church and SOC are in the same communion of Oriental Orthodox
      Churches. Both sides need to accept this reality and bring unity in
      the Malankara Church as soon as possible.

      Thomas, SJ CA
    • P I Abraham, England
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
        Does it make “Anti-Orthodox” if we write our personal experiences with Jesus Christ in ICON? We should fear then.

        P I Abraham, England