Spiritual Words.

    Message 1 of 2395 , Oct 29, 2007
      "Before a man gives way to his passions, even if his thoughts mount an assault against him, he is always a free man in his own city and he has God as an ally. If, therefore, he humbles himself before God and bears the yoke of his trial and affliction with thanksgiving, and puts up a little fight, the help of God will deliver him. But if he flees labor and goes after bodily pleasures, then he is necessarily led into the land of the Egyptians and without wishing it becomes their slave."

      St. Dorotheos of Gaza.

      "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

      Message 2395 of 2395 , Mar 27 5:50 PM

        Father Mikhail Ibrahim was once ordered off a public bus by an ignorant man because he was a priest. The bus broke down. The driver was very angry at the man and asked him to apologize to the old Coptic priest. A few of them went down and asked Father Mikhail if he would please get on the bus again. Father Mikhail got on the bus. The driver turned the ignition key and the bus moved smoothly. When Father Mikhail was asked why he got off, he answered saying: "I did what I was told to do." When he was asked why he rode back again, he said: "they told me to come back, and I did what they told me to do!"

        Life of Father Mikhail Ibrahim.

        "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God."  Psalm 42:1